Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

My Mother's day week started off with a Girl Scout mother & daughter tea.  This year it was an Alice and Wonderland tea party theme.  It was really cute.

Mother's day weekend we decided it would be fun to take a last minute trip out to the bay area to celebrate with Spencer's mom it was also her birthday weekend so we were really glad we got to be with her.  A trip to the bay almost always means a stop at our favorite famous burger joint, Val's.  We love this place!!! I grew up having Val's pretty much every Thursday night for dinner.  In the summer time when my sister, brother and I were old enough my parents would let us walk down the hill to Val's to have lunch by our selves I always thought that was so cool.  We would even sit at the counter.  There burgers are simply the best!! I still order the baby size but daddy has moved on to the Papa size it's huge! 
 Friday night we played lots of games and visited with grandma and grandpa then Saturday morning we took grandma to her favorite breakfast place, IHop.
 The kids both wanted to sit by grandma and grandpa.  Breakfast was yummy and being together was so nice.  We sure love you mom and are so grateful for all you do. 
 A trip to the bay area isn't complete with out a trip to Ikea and this time we actually had a reason! New big boy bed for Carter!!! Yes he was still in his toddler bed after turning 5! We spent around 4 hours in there!! But we finally decided and got him a bed and a new organization system and I think I found like 3 other things that I wanted but they didn't fit in the car, next time for sure! His new bed is super cool and once I finish his room I will post some pictures.
 After Ikea we went back to G&G's and walked up to the park and then had our favorite pizza, Bronco Billies.
 Then we came back home and started the fun job of putting the Ikea furniture together.
Sunday morning I woke up to the cutest kids ever excited to give me their homemade adorable gifts!


 Daddy surprised me with my newest obsession chalkboard pens.
 Aubrey had made me an adorable gift at school.  I actually helped with the Mother's day project at school so I had an idea what it was, Aubrey was so disappointed that I knew.  I didn't know that she had also made a cute interview about me which I always love to read.  I guess I'm a really good cook and the best thing I make is chicken noddle soup (thanks Campbell's).

 I love the bird house she made me and I have it hanging outside it is just adorable!

 After gifts we all got ready and headed to Stockton to celebrate with my mom.

 Growing up it was tradition to go to El Torrito's on the bay for their Mother's Day brunch.  We thought it would be fun to carry on that tradition and meet up at the Stockton one.  Man was I happy I called and made reservations it was a mad house but once we got seated it was perfect and so so so yummy!
 I was so happy that mom is feeling better and is starting to get out and about more.  What a blessing!!! We did a group gift this year.

 Sorry for the blurry picture she was very excited for her new phone!
 After breakfast we headed over to the Stockton Children's Museum.
 What an amazing hands on great museum!! I'm surprised we have not gone there before.  Thanks Nana for finding it!! It was really incredible and such a perfect place for kids.
 They had different stations/room like the Veterinary hospital which Aubrey loves since she wants to be an animal doctor.

 They had an awesome wind tunnel thing.
 It was a little to much for Carter so dad steeped in.
 They also had a grocery store, a build you car and race it (Carter's fav) station, a space room and so much more it was really awesome!
 Aubrey loved the beautiful face painting Nana did.



 Don't hit me Carter!!!

 I got those bad guys!!!

 Papa's nap time.
 As you can see this museum was pretty amazing and had a little bit of everything.  We had a great day playing, hanging out and just spending quality time together.  The kids and daddy finished our day there in the art room.
It was a wonderful Mother's day weekend.  I can never express how grateful I'm to have the chance to be a mother.  I love my little cuties beyond words.  I'm also so grateful for my mom and all she has done for me and the wonderful example she is in my life.  I love my mother-in-law and how she raised such an amazing man.  Being a mom is the most important job ever.
Happy Mother's day 2015

No comments: