Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Pick and Gather Riverdance Farms

So as I stated before the last weekend in May got very busy!!! I felt like everything was happening that weekend! We had my sister out here Thursday and Friday night.  My aunt who we had not seen in a long time had asked me a month before if this particular weekend would work for her and her girlfriend to come out for a night so we planned that.  Then after we planned that I remembered about another activity that is once a year thing in Sonora that we wanted to do with my parents that weekend and we had 2 friends birthday parties, our nephews mission farewell and a girls night out planned.  I had to miss the girls night out and the birthday parties but we did manage to have a great time with my aunt and Shelly and then Sunday Spencer was able to go the farewell while I was able to go to Sonora for that activity. 
Saturday May 30th we meet up with Aunt Pat and Shelly in Turlock for lunch and then headed over to this super cute festival. 
It was like the hottest Saturday ever but the kids area was under a bunch of trees which made it very nice and enjoyable.  The kids got the corn ready to feed the baby animals.
 Oh my goodness this mini petting zoo was so cute!!! 
Baby goats.


 A baby potbelly pig named Annie.


 Ducks.
 3 week old baby ducks.

 Then we went to do the crafts.  It was so cool! 
They had painting clay pots.
 Then we made a corn husk doll.
 Then we went on a hay ride, looked at the vendors and then onto picking cherries and blueberries.
 The fruit was actually pretty disappointing.  All the cherries were dried up and the blue berries just seemed liked to much work in the blustering hot sun to pick (plus I had just bought a huge package at Costco earler that week lol).


After our fun day at the festival we headed back into town and went to Aunt Pat and Shelly's hotel for some swimming and then out to Sushi for dinner.  After dinner they came over for a late movie night and then we all crashed.  It was a great day and so nice to see them.  We saw them again on Sunday before the kids and I headed north for the Diggins!

No comments: