Thursday, June 11, 2015

Good Bye 1st Grade

It's hard to believe that 1st grade is all over this has been just an amazing year! Last year in Kindergarten it was hard almost every day for me to drop her off.  I was bitter about it being all day because I felt like she was too young.  I liked her teacher but I didn't feel a huge connection this year was the total opposite.  Every day I was excited for her and a new adventure I loved her teacher like a sister.  She would call and/or text me through out the day we had an instant connection.  Aubrey just adored her and loved learning.  She was always coming home with exciting stories.  She was a perfect age to be at school for 6 hours and loved every minute of it.  Carter and I both felt welcomed in the class everyday.  It was just an amazing year!! Spencer would remind me that I was very lucky to have this connection with the teacher and that I might not have this kind of experience again but I really hope he is wrong because if every year is this good the kids and I have an amazing school life ahead of us!  Aubrey has grown so much.  I wish sometimes I could freeze time but for her I'm excited for her growing mind and all her future life excitingness!!.
The last week was basically just a party week with fun activities every day.
Monday Carter and I were there for an award ceremony where I received a volunteer award and this awesome pitcher from the kids.

I just love all my bee's!!!
 Tuesday was a crazy busy day for her.  They had an artist come in that taught them how to draw Olaf and a character from the new movie Inside out.  Then in the afternoon daddy got to go to her school and teach engineering.  They called him Mr. S.  He did a STEM project.  They made catapults and then they dissected owl pellets.






Wednesday I was there for field day and some more dissecting.
I ran the station called, drip, drip, drop it's like duck, duck, goose but involved a Dixie cup with water.

Wednesday night Aubrey and I did our finishing touches on our gifts for Ms. Buttrey

 and then Thursday 6/4/15 finally arrived the last day!!
 I wanted to give all the kids a little something too!
 Carter and I also brought ice cream in for snack.  It's funny I didn't get a picture of Aubrey with her ice cream just Carter.
Then we had to say our good bye's! So sad!! You know the kids had an amazing year and a great teacher when they all leave with tears in their eyes! Me too but then I realized that Ms. Buttrey (Anna) and I are friends and will probably meet for lunch later this summer and she will for sure be Carter's teacher in 2 years.

I surprised Aubrey with her banner when she got home she thought I forgot but I sure didn't!


 We had guest in our pergola that wanted to be part of the end of the school year festivities.  Gross!!!!!
 So grateful for animal control I was super scared! The guy was able to catch him with the help of me!! and released him in the wild.  We sure get interesting guest living in the country.
Thursday night we baby sat our best friends the Sharps kids while they put an offer on a house which is only a 10 minute walking distance from us, so excited!!!
 Spencer had a meeting so it was me and 4 little ones that night I think I did pretty good!
But I was sure ready for bed after that crazy week and day! Deuce was too!
 Well I guess it's a officially summer 2015 and I'm so excited to have my little mini me home to play with all summer long!!!

No comments: