Friday, December 23, 2016

The last week of school

The last week of school did not go as planned at all.  Monday was normal and we made lots of snow flakes. But I could tell Carter was getting a little tired.

 Tuesday morning he woke up with a 102 temp.  I was so sad for him to miss all Christmas stuff at school.  I had already committed to doing my annual elf job at the school that day.  Deanna came and saved the day and watched Carter so I could go.
 Santa (Stan) did a great job.  This year the had a sing a long in the MPR so the kids came to us it was great.

 Since Aubrey was sniffling too I just took her home for the afternoon.
 Nothing better then a bread bowl when you have a cold.
 That night we had the girl scout Christmas party.  I felt so bad that I had to take Carter but Spencer had a meeting so I wrapped carter in the blanket and sat him in the corner.  Aubrey loves this party and looks forward to it every year.  This year we brought our $5 gifts in a stocking.  They have a special reader read The night before Christmas and every time she says a "c" or "s" we pass the gift to the right.  It's a lot of fun.
 Wednesday 12/14 I keep my little sickies home for the day to recoup and get better.  Aubrey did have her gingerbread house party that night but I will post about that next.  We also finished the teacher gifts that night.
these were the office gifts.
 Since we have ms. buttrey before I had to get creative and think of something new for her.
 Thursday 12/15 was the last day of school and Aubrey's Christmas program.  It was adorable.  They sang and played instruments.  I loved every minute.  Aubrey had practiced and practiced so her sniffles were not holding her back.  Carter was still battling a minor fever at this time so Spencer worked from home to be with that day so I could be at the school.  Dad and Carter did make it to the show that day to see Aubrey.




 After the show we went back to the class room and had a party.  It was so much fun!


 Mrs. Livesay did a musical gift pass that had presents wrapped a bunch of times so all the kids got a turn to unwrap the gifts.


 We were excited to have a half day that day and that it was now officially break!!
That night the church had our progressive dinner I volunteered my house for the dessert.  They did cookies and a hot chocolate bar.  It came out cute and I survived having like 35 women in my house at one time! 




No comments: