Thursday, June 7, 2018

Baptism preparations

Between Carters birthday on May 2nd and his baptism on May 5th we were busy busy getting ready.  Since grandpa Supingers health was declining pretty fast we wanted to make sure to have Carter's baptism right after his birthday and to have a destination baptism to Hayward to make it so the travel wasn't as hard for grandpa.  
First up in the preparations, photo shoot! 
Look at our handsome guy!....  



Then I took some pictures in his all whites....




It was a little tricky planning a baptism and not really knowing what the space looks like or how much room I would have. Carter had two requests for his baptism he wanted dark blue and lots of donuts.  I really love how it all worked out.  It looked very nice.
One of my favorite parts of the planning is the programs
My sweet friend Amy volunteered to help me make the 8 cookies and they came out so cute and yummy. I bought all the fruit and then had to wait to get the fresh glazed donuts from Rollen's on Saturday.
Daddy getting Carter all groomed up...

Since Carter's baptism was on May 5th and Grandma's birthday was May 7th we wanted to make sure we had her gift all ready.  Since grandma and grandpa have had to move out of their house and in with Shellece they have had to major down size.  They went from a 2,000 square foot house to a small bedroom.  One thing that I will always remember about Spencer's house growing up is the senior pictures his parents had displayed over the piano in the living room.  They were all 8x10 pictures and took up a lot of space so when they moved they gave all their kids their pictures.  I know this was really hard for Grandma so for her birthday I had everyone send me their picture.  I had my niece Megan help me touch them up and then I got one frame to display them all.  I was very excited to give it to grandma!  
Saturday May 5th (the day of the baptism) I started it off with a 5k.  Lori, Amy and I ran it together.  It was fun doing a race again it had almost been a whole a year.  


We did really good and made it under 30 minutes.

Now time to pack the car and head for the bay! We have a little guy that needs to be baptized!....

No comments: