Thursday, May 18, 2017

Cinco de Mayo

Teacher Appreciation lunch landed on Friday May 5th this year so my idea for a Cinco de Mayo theme was perfect!  This has been my event to host for 3 years now.  I tried really hard to delegate this year and not be so involved since I have decided May seems to be a more busy month then December now with school aged kids.  I did still do the flowers for the event but thank goodness another lady was willing to do the food, another do paper products and another do gifts.  So my stress level for the event was a lot less this year.
 I found the idea to put the flowers in Mexican cans on Pinterst and I thought they came out so cute!
 All ready for the event! I love my shirt from our Mexican cruise!
 The decorations came out cute. I probably would have done more but I'm glad I didn't because I saved money not doing it and it was just enough for the event. 
We had the food catered this year from a Mexican restaurant downtown.  It was really good and the teachers loved it.




We set up a fun photo booth for the teachers and all of us moms had fun too.
The Supinger family from out of town were starting to come in on Friday for Spencer's mom's 80th birthday party on Saturday. A guy fishing trip was planned this Friday up at Discovery Bay.  I told Spencer he should leave work and pick Carter up and go! When do get the opportunity to go fishing with a bunch of brothers and your 85 year old dad? So he came to the school and saw the decorations and then got Carter.  We fit a cute picture in too!
 They made it up to Discovery Bay and had a blast fishing! They actually caught a lot and had a great time bonding with family.




Once the lunch was done and cleaned up I got my girl and we went to frozen yogurt.
We then went home rested and then out to Target and to the movies to see Gifted.  It was a sweet movie about a young girl that was a mathematician.  We had a great mother/daughter date and when we got home the boys were home too.
Here are the cute small gifts I made for the teachers this year.
 What a fun Friday!

No comments: