Thursday, May 18, 2017

Carter is 7!!!

Oh my goodness could it be true my little man is now 7?!?!!! Yes it is! His birthday was on Tuesday May 2nd and we had a blast celebrating our awesome, cool, great dude!

Carter woke up to his decorated door and balloons through out the house.  He is in love with Nerf so we went with a blue and orange theme.  




 I also woke up super early to make it over to his favorite donut place to get his favorite breakfast, donut holes!! I also picked up a couple dozen glazed donuts for his classmates.
 Before breakfast Carter wanted to jump right into opening his gifts.


He was beyond excited!! He is still super in love with Lego's!!!

 I seriously think he has every set at Target!! That's what happens when your dad loves Lego's as much as the kids do! 
After gifts it was finally time to indulge into yummyness!
 Then he got ready for school.  Usually I let the kids stay home from school on their birthdays but since we had miss so much this year with vacations and colds I talked him into going for the morning and then I would sign him out at lunch.  He was actually really excited about that because he couldn't wait to tell the whole school it was his birthday! HA.  Plus he was getting his pet frogs that day too.

 I love this reusable birthday chalk board from Target. 
 How cute are these kids!! 
After I dropped them off I came home to straighten up a little and then went back and hung out in Carter's class.  Carter and I passed out donuts out to the class.  They LOVED them! Of course they would they were from the best place, Rollen Donuts.  One girl asked me to tell her parents about that place so she could have more.
 I have been helping them get ready for their first grade Rain forest performance.  It's so cute!!

 Then the class sang to him and he got his special treat from Ms. Buttrey
 Daddy had a meeting that night so we decided we would do a family lunch date and activity.  So I signed both Aubrey and Carter out for the day and we headed over to Pizza Factory to meet daddy.
 After lunch we went over to the nickle arcade.  Man was it so much fun!! Since it was in the middle of a school day we were the only ones there! It felt like we rented the place out for a private party.  We had a blast playing with everything and winning tons of tickets.  The kids love the fishing game!
 Carter also loves skyball and is really good at it!!

 It was then time to come home and start building!! He had so much fun working on all his new sets.
He asked me to make him a vanilla cake I tried my best to make a bulls eye cake.  



After cake we said good bye to daddy and built some more Lego's.
Then we took Aubrey to Girl Scouts it was a fitness night.
Carter and I watched cartoons and then went and picked her up and got McDonald's for dinner.  We came home and had a picnic.

Man donuts, pizza, McDonald's and cake! We sure eat healthy that day!!! It was a great day and I could see it in his eyes that he was having an amazing time!!
Dear Carter,
You are the best son I could ask for.  You are so thoughtful and you never say good bye with out giving a hug and a kiss.  You love to snuggle and I eat that up every chance I can get.  You love Lego's, cars, Nerf Guns and anything boy! Any kind of ball you pick up you can play that sport! We think you will be either an athlete or an artist when you grow up.  You still love to color and do crafts! Every teacher, mom, relative, anyone that see you draw compliments you on how good you do and how you are an artist.  You are not a big fan of homework and fight me everyday on doing it.  Also when I'm substitute teaching your class you are not always on task.  You are just super busy and want to always be moving.  Even though school and work are not your favorites you still do amazingly well and always get 100% and are one of the highest in your class. You love to read Magic Tree House and have been tested at a 3rd grade reading level.  You never say an unkind word to anyone.  You have a huge heart and even when mom says a mean thing you always correct me and tell me to not say mean things.  You love Jesus and talk about him frequently.  You are starting to eat more but still are extremely picky.  Vegetables never make there way pass your lips. Mommy even tries to hide them but you always find them.  You have a hilarious personality and you have us laughing all the time.  I wish I had a recorder on you at all times.  You are an amazing dancer! You like to break dance which I have know idea where you learned it from.  As I write this it brings a smile to my face.  You are an amazing, smart, gifted, special, talented boy and I'm so blessed to be your mom.  I love you very much!  Happy Birthday!

No comments: