Monday, November 24, 2014

Oh Fall....

how I love thee! I absolutely love fall! The leaves, the activities, the crafts, bundling up in warm clothes, everything! I feel like fall kind of gets the short end of the stick since it happens so quick.  Don't get me wrong I love Christmas but I do feel like it comes so quick and I just want to treasure the feeling of fall.  I have been loving driving Aubrey to school going down the tree lines street.  This picture doesn't do it justice its just so beautiful!  
The kids have had fun doing fall crafts.  We have done a lot but I forget to get pictures all the time but the house is filled with hand print turkeys and coloring pages.  We also have been playing lots of Thanksgiving bingo.
The Friday before Veteran's day (Nov. 7) I took the kids to Lego time at the library. 
 Then we went and walked around the field of honor.
It was a special experience with the kids.  They liked hearing the stories of different veteran's and seeing the pictures. 

That weekend Titi came out and we had so much fun with her.   First stop Saturday was to Lowe's to make our science experiment lab.
 Then onto shopping, hair cuts, lunch and yummy froyo
That night we tried lots of different experiments.

Our favorite was the volcano.

Titi and I then made caramel apples with our yummy apples from apple hill.....so good!
Aubrey got 2 days off this year for Veteran's day.  On Monday daddy got the afternoon off so we went to Big Hero 6 as a family.  
We had so much fun staying in our P.J's until noon and going on long fall walks (in our P.J's)
We worked on lots of fun Thanksgiving day crafts on our day's off.


I even got to do one :)  
On a side note my mom came out (11/6) a couple weeks ago and I got a friend to watch Carter and we just had a mom/daughter day it was great! Lunch and shopping just her and I.  I can't remember the last time we did that maybe when I was pregnant with Aubrey. 
 Then back to school :( But it wasn't too bad because I got to go on Wednesday and then on Friday Aubrey was awarded another award for her math.  We are very proud of her! Carter and I picked her and Kendall up for lunch that day to celebrate, daddy came too!
 Friday afternoon Aubrey went and played at Kendall's so captain America and I played and explored the empty fields behind our house.
 That weekend was SMP.  This was my first time being on the primary presidency for an SMP I can't say I helped much.  Lori did a great job.  Saturday was our practice and pizza party and then Sunday was the show.  The kid did great and looked so cute!
 Another froyo date with the kiddos!
 Time to make some Thanksgiving treats to give out at school and church.


Gotta love pinterst!
Both Thanksgiving parties were great (next post) and now we have a whole week off and the Christmas crafts are already starting.......

No comments: