Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Halloween 2014

Yay, the real day finally came and we are all very excited! I was going to make the kids a big Halloween breakfast but all they wanted was cereal so I tried to make it as Halloween as possible with the color bowls and cups.
 The day before Halloween Aubrey brought home a note that said she was going to be student of the week the next week and to make her poster.  Since we were going out of town for my birthday we worked on it before my family came over and finished it in the morning.  I wanted to get a couple pictures of her with it before it went up on the wall next week.
 Aubrey decided on lolly pops again this year for treats for her friends.  Thanks to Nana for helping get all the tags and bows on.
 Halloween at the preschool is so much fun! Carter and I got all dressed up.  I was sad that my prom King couldn't make it but I was happy to be with my pirate.  It was cute because Carter kept saying I was a princess and at one point was very concerned that he wasn't a knight this year because,  "who would save you mommy?"
 Carter got to go trick or treating at the adult school.
 Then we played games.

 Made a snack
 Enjoyed time with friends.
After Carter's party I took him to McDonald's for lunch and then he went over to Michelle's house so that I could go to Aubrey's party in the afternoon.
This picture was taken the day before I made these straws for Aubrey's class party.
Ms. Buttrey basically let me be in charge of the Halloween party games.  We played with all 4 of the 1st grade classes.  They switched from class room to class room.  In one they learned the monster mash another they did a painting of a screaming guy in Ms. Buttrey's room we played Halloween bingo, colored a picture of Frankenstein and an eye ball race game with a ping pong ball and straws.  Then we made a witches brew/monster drink just with Aubrey's class.  They were root beer or Orange soda floats with an eye gumball and gummy worms.



 The kids loved the straws!
After school we picked up Carter and went for a free treat at Jumba Juice. 
We waited for dad to come home and then headed out for trunk or treat and trick or treating.  The forecast was for rain so thank goodness the church was prepared and had the trunk or treat in doors.

 The kids had fun seeing friends and getting candy but we wanted to do the traditional door to door so we didn't say long since we wanted to try and bet the rain.  We got a good hour in before the rain got too bad.  The kids loved running door to door.  Aubrey was scared of the houses decorated but not Carter.  Aubrey's Anna cloak came in really handy since it was so cold.
After trick or treating we came home for some candy and a fun Halloween movie.  It was a fun day/night of great memories!

No comments: