Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Birthday @ Apple Hill

I'm one spoiled mommy! I love my birthday and I love that family makes it so special for me.  We left Saturday for our weekend away.  This is I think our 5th year of doing this trip the first weekend of November.  We have watched Apple hill get more and more crowded over the years.  The first weekend in November seems like the best weekend Halloween is over so the pumpkin craziness is done and it's not Veteran's day weekend. We stay in Folsom at Larkspur Landing which has a great mini suite for our family and dogs are allowed.  Another big perk is walking distance to the outlets and only 15 minutes to Apple Hill.  

Our first farm was an apple picking farm pine-o-mine.  Aubrey and Carter were very excited about picking apples.  It was the end of the picking season so we were thrilled to get a very big bag full of freshly picked yummy granny smith apples.






 This farm is adorable and so low key! The kids had fun on the swings and then Aubrey picked out the cutest Origami Owl locket just for her (She loves mine).  Also the people are so nice and gave us a complementary corn dog, very cool!
 Then it was off to one of the bigger farms #1 High Hill Ranch.  We enjoyed the best apple fritter and hot apple cider there and looking at all the vendors.

 We also went to fudge farm in the back where the kids played and got balloon animals.  Then we drove up the hill to another great farm that had lots of animals.  Deuce liked the chickens a lot until they pecked at his nose.
We enjoyed some more treats and lunch there and then off to another one of our favorite farms with a train and really pretty fall trees.  We tried to take some family pictures to maybe use on our Christmas card but not sure yet if we will use them.










 We hit up a few more farms and then  we went and had dinner at one of my favorite places, The Old Spaghetti Factory.  
Monday November 3rd was my real day.  Spencer and Aubrey took the day off so we could have a long weekend away.  The kids woke me up to sweet cards that they made me.  Spencer and I were in the other room I just came into the kids area for my gifts and breakfast in bed.

 Before we left on our trip one of my gifts was gel nails I'm now a big fan! They have lasted almost 2 weeks and still look great.  I also got this beautiful scarf.
 Then I was surprised with gold earrings!
 Such a sweet birthday hug! Carter's face is a little funny LOL.
 Then off to some shopping and then my other favorite restaurant for lunch, The Cheese Cake Factory.


After shopping and tons of eating we made it back home to get to enjoy another yummy treat!

I'm very blessed and feel very special!!! 
 Getting older sure is not bad with this awesome family by my side.

No comments: