Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Bones Field Trip

Thursday October 23rd was Aubrey's field Trip to the Anthropology department at Merced College. I had know idea we had something like that here.  Ms. Buttry's class is the only class that goes on this trip.  She is friends with the professor.  It was really cool.  We walked from Peterson to the college and then had a pizza picnic.  The kids got to run around and then we started on our tour of the campus and then to the class room were we learned all about our bones.  We learned how to tell the age of someone by their skull and their gender.  It was really interesting.  The kids then got to rotate to different centers to touch and feel all the bones.



 They even got to hold a sheep kidney. (Aubrey and Sonny)
 and a cows eye.

 These are the kids at her table at school, Aydia, Mia, Sonny, Aubrey, Bryan and Selena.
 Then the kids got to make a life size skeleton, how cool is that?

It was a GREAT day!  I love getting the opportunity to be with Aubrey on these kinds of trips. I'm so happy with all that Aubrey gets to do and be exposed too! If her teacher isn't  already the coolest she invited me to a girls night out that night at the fair grounds.  It was a dinner/vendor fair/ raffle night.  She gave me tickets for 3 other friends so Murun, Susan and Wendy came with us.  It was so much fun! I wish I would have gotten a picture of us all dressed up for a night out but I forgot! I did snap this one to text to Spencer to show him how many people were there:
On to our busy Halloween weekend next post........

No comments: