Sunday, November 12, 2017

October 2017

October came and went way too fast! Lots and lots of fun activities and events! First up we got the kids school pictures and they are too cute for words!
Big news for our our family happened in October! I was offered a part time job as a reading clinician at the kids school! I was kind of caught off guard when it was offered to me.  I was substitute teaching one day and the principle came to me and asked if I would be interested in a part time job Monday-Friday 9-12:30.  At first I thought no way I love the freedom of my days off and I also thought I would not be qualified since I don't have a teaching credential.  Well I told her I would think about it and let her know later.  Well that night I told Spencer about the offer and we looked more into it on the school districts web page.  Well sure enough the job pays AMAZING and the position is actually a really hard position to get.  After really thinking about it, it seemed like a wonderful opportunity.  I get to be at my kids school on a regular bases, the pay is great and it's part-time.  The next day I emailed and said that I would be interested.  I had to go through a back ground check and also had to get my transcripts from college evaluated to waive the fact that I don't have a credential.  I also had to do an interview and get letters of recommendation.  I really did not think I would get it just due to the lack of a credential and the teaching experience but because the school really likes me and felt that I would do a good job I got the position! It all happened so fast.  My first day was Monday October 9th.  I love it! The first week was just learning the ropes and then the second week I started teaching.  I teach K-5th grade.  I'm whats called an RTI teacher.  I teach groups of 6 students based on their grade level for 30 minutes a day.  I work on letter recognition and sounds for the younger grades and reading comprehension for the older grades.  My schedule is great I work 9-12:15 with 20 min. break! Aubrey, Carter and their friends come in my classroom at recess to play and have snack it's great!       
I wasn't ready to let my airport job go completely yet.  I have been there for 12 years and I couldn't find it in my heart to just quit on Stan and Jim so I go on Mondays right after teaching for a few hours.  Spencer took a couple Monday afternoons off for me to help with picking up the kids but we have since changed it to me only working 2.5 hours to get off in time to get them from school.  My first Monday I came home to this dinner....
Tuesday October 10th Aubrey's girl scout troop had a paint night.  Aubrey is such a great artist!

These kidlets just love to have sleep overs!
Monday October 16th was the start of red ribbon week at school.
Monday was Yellow day
Tuesday was purple day
I got to see my dad that day for lunch.  
The kids love to read outside after school.
That night Spencer got us tickets to the Dinosaur Zoo.  It was so cool having something fun like this in our town. 

The show was really good! 






Carter wrote us this adorable letter before the show!

Wednesday October 18th was green day

It was also our Activity Day witch party.

It was such a fun activity day! The girls had to go on scavenger hunt for the ingredients to make these really good sugar cookies.

We then all baked the cookies and decorated them.
We also made these adorable witch peg dolls.


It was a great activity!
That night Aubrey and Carter had so much fun making more peg dolls.
Thursday October 19th was orange day 
It was also the annual Witch's dinner.



Friday October 20th was blue day at school but I forgot to get a picture.  We also had a play date that day and it was our Ward's harvest festival that night.







Carter was so excited to have Ander over for his first slumber party!

Aubrey had Daliyah over for the night too.


Saturday October 21st Carter was invited to a paint party.  Aubrey was too but she was at a friends birthday party that day.

Carter is such an artist too! I'm loving these paint parties!
Sunday October 22nd was Grandpa Supinger's 85th birthday! We drove up to Hayward for the day to celebrate with him!



Monday October 23rd was the start of spirit week.
Monday sports day!
Since it was parent/teacher conference week it was early dismissal so I took the kids to the airport with me on Monday.  They were happy to come when they found out Stan had got them their own cheese pizza!
Tuesday was Western wear
That evening we carved our pumpkins.  We had to do them early this year since we were going to Disney World at the end of the month.





Wednesday was super hero day! We wanted to get matching shirts for our trip and it worked for super hero day at school.

I love being at the school with my kiddos!
I got to have my picture done that day for the year book and my ID
I got to have lunch with my dad and brother that day when they came to Merced for a job and to pick up Deuce to baby sit him for us. Later that afternoon Aubrey and I got our nails done for our trip! 

and the kids got cards and money for our trip from Nana and Papa.
Thursday October 26th was Halloween shirt day at school
That night I put out some fun surprises for our trip. 
Friday October 27th was Peterson spirit day.

They had a big drug free assembly that day.
Aubrey got Honor Roll we are so excited! We missed the award assembly since we were on vacation but we got the certificate! Way to go Aubrey!!
We left school early on Friday to finish packing and headed to San Fransisco for the night we were very excited!!
Our flight for Orlando leaves tomorrow October 28th at 0630!!!!!

No comments: