Sunday, November 19, 2017

Day 3 Disney Hollywood Studios

 Monday October 30th was our day in Disney Hollywood Studios.  When we were here 12 years ago it was called MGM so Spencer and I both kept calling it that.  This park was like California adventure in Disneyland.  There was a lot of construction since this will be the home of the new Star Wars land in a couple years.  This was probably are least favorite park at Disney World.  There were only 4 rides and both Aubrey and Carter are super into rides so this was kind of disappointing for them.  There were a lot of shows here and we had a super fun dinner reservation.  I was so surprised at how cold it was the first few days we were in Florida.  I packed a couple light weight sweaters and I was worried that our 80 degree type clothing would not be enough for these 60 degree days but it did warm up by Tuesday.  We look cold in some of these pictures.    

 When we first walked in to the park we spotted Daisy Duck and she is my absolute favorite!!! I have loved her since I was a kid.  I actually had a Daisy Duck doll that I slept with every night until I was 18 and I let Spencer take it to Venezuela with him on his mission to remember me.  Man I was happy to see her (and him) when they came home 2 years later.  The kids were so excited for me to get to meet her it was really cute!

 "My mom loves you!" said Carter...
 While we were visiting with her the stormtroopers marched by us.
 One of the 4 rides was an upside down roller coaster which I was not to fund of our family going on but as you will see later in the post the kids talked us into it!  It was an Aerosmith indoor coaster. 
 We went to Beauty and the Best live performance.

It was then time for a mid morning snack.  When we first got to Disney World a lady asked if we were celebrating anything and we said the kids first visit to DW and my bday.  She gave us all pins.  I have never had so many Happy Birthday wishes in my life! All the workers and other guest made it a point to say Happy Birthday to me the whole week.  I felt very special.  The kids sometimes would wear my pin just to get the Happy Birthday's.  Also the pin got me a few free things!! This morning the worker at the place we were getting the kids a snack asked if I liked chocolate and gave me a very yummy chocolate pudding!


Toy Story Mania was at Hollywood Disney! Gotta love that ride!
There was a really neat Walt Disney museum.  This was Walt's 2nd grade desk.
We got to meet Star Lord and Baby Groot. Two really nice ladies in line gave the kids a Disney pin for their lanyards just because! Also the worker in the line was so nice and gave us a free fast pass for the roller coaster!


 The stromtroopers never stop so you have to try and sneak a picture with them.

 We headed over to the upside down roller coaster! I was so scared! Like I said before they should have a weight limit! That's great that Carter is tall enough but he is as light as a feather and I don't want him flying out! All went well and we survived but man was I holding on for dear life!
 After that adventure it was time for Tower of Terror! another scary but fun ride!



Time for another snack! Darth Vader waffles!
 "Mom take a picture of me!"
 We were excited to meet BB8!

 and the Muppet show was fun!
 The kids and I did Star Tours.  (That ride makes Daddy sick!)
 Then we went to Little Mermaid.
 Then it was time for our dinner reservation! We were so excited to have dinner at the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant.  We got to sit in an old fashion car and have burgers and shakes while watching old fashion movies.  It was awesome!!!! Such a fun memory for the kids.  Our waitress was adorable and made it feel like we were living in the 50's.



After our yummy dinner it was time to do some shopping we went to the Star Wars store and had way too much fun! Carter made his own little R2D2.
and we laughed so hard making these fun Star Wars posters! 
We ended up buying them even though they were so expensive it was just too funny.  Our plans are to frame them for a few White Elephant parties we have coming up this holiday season. 
 Carter used his own money for his picture he wants to frame it for his room.
What a great day!!
Time for bed! We needed to get some good rest for our big Halloween the next day!


No comments: