Sunday, November 26, 2017

Day 7 Magic Kingdom

Friday Nov. 3rd my BIRTHDAY! This was the most perfect birthday!! 
The night before we got a letter from the hotel staff saying they would be checking their generator in the middle of the night and all the electricity would be out.  They left us flash lights and some light sticks.  It made for an interesting night! Right at 2am we heard all the electricity just turn off, than our smoke detector was beeping every 2 minutes just as Spencer was getting up to go down stairs to complain we heard the elevator alarms going off so we realized he wouldn't be going down stairs.  After about 30 minute the electricity came back on and the smoke detector stooped beeping.  We were able to go back to bed.  What a night!
We decided that we wanted to go Magic Kingdom on my birthday and be there when the opened so we woke up kind of early.  After my shower I came out to find this cute birthday surprise!
I love how he used the glow sticks!! Spencer and the kids were so sweet to pack gifts for me! I got a couple new work out shirts and a couple new apple watch bands oh and a trip to Disney World!

I was super excited that we saved the shirts I made for my special day.  Carter looked too cute for words! 

 On the bus! 
 On the monorail
We had heard and did a little research and were surprised to find out that it is true, Disney World decorates for Christmas the day after their last Mickey Not so Scary Halloween Party.  The last party was November 1st so by November 2nd it was already Christmas in the Magic Kingdom! That meant we not only got to see the park decorated for Halloween we got to see it for Christmas too!


 I am in LOVE with these family pictures! So much so we used this one for our Christmas card this year!


 At one point Aubrey and I were holding hands skipping down Main Street and I thought to myself this day could not be any more wonderful! I was with my family, we were on Vacation, we were in Disney World, it's my birthday and there was Christmas music playing! Truly a dream come true!
After riding some rides we were in the need for some snacks....
 Carter couldn't decide between a pretzel or a churro so he had both.  Aubrey had her favorite a Pretzel and Daddy and I had a dole whip float...the BEST!
Then we went to the Bear Jamboree! I was so excited to see that they still had this show at DW.  It was one of my favorites as a kid at Disneyland and they have since closed it so it was a real treat to have my kids get to see it.



 Carter had bagged to do this every time we saw it so we finally gave in and did it.
Their Monster Inc. ride was a comedy show.  Carter got picked to be on the big screen.  He was so proud!
 Then we went on Space mountain.  I laugh when I see these pictures! I'm such a loner.  The whole entire trip it was a fight to see who got to ride with dad and I was pretty much chop liver and it goes to show in these pictures....

 It's okay I understand that they just really love this time they get to be with their dad! 
More pretty Christmas decorations!

 One thing I wanted the most for my birthday was to have lunch at The Be Our Guest restaurant in Beast's Castle.  The only way to have lunch their and actually to even see the castle is to have reservations and those are booked 180 days before.  We did not have reservations all the way up until November 1st! I was able to snag a 1pm lunch reservation on my birthday.  I was so excited!!
The castle is super neat.  We decided to eat in Beast's wing.  It was dark and fun.  Every 30 minutes the picture on the wall would turn from the prince to the beast.  Also in this room was the rose.
 Our lunch was super yummy! I went with a turkey sandwich with fries, Crater had meatloaf shaped like Mickey, Aubrey also had a turkey sandwich and Dad had a pork dish.  It was really yummy!
 For dessert we had a lemon cream puff and we had to try the gray stuff and it was delicious.








 After lunch we hit a few more rides and then decided it was time to go back to the hotel and relax.  We were pretty tired since we started our day so early that day! 
 That night we went to my all time favorite restaurant Chevy's! We took and uber there but realized it was really close so we walked home after.  We had a blast all joking about alligators and running crazy through the streets of Orlando! Our kids have got to be the funnest!

Wow what a birthday! Not sure how we will ever be able to top this one!

No comments: