Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Uncle Steve's Memorial Service

Saturday June 9th we had Uncle Steve's memorial service.  It was in San Fransisco on Pier 39.  A wonderful man named Walter took up Uncle Steve's ashes in a plane and the scattered them over the bay.  This is where both my grandma and grandpa ashes are. 
We had a nice drive to SF all together.
 It was a windy day but a beautiful day.
 We all gathered at the en of the pier and waited for the plane.

 It was so nice to see lots of family.
Aunt Sharon, Joan, me and Cindy.
 I really wish we would have had a big group picture taken because so many people were there to remember Uncle Steve.  
The pilot told us to wave a red scarf so that he could take a picture of us from the air.
You can't really see us but we were down there...
My aunt got this picture of the cloud of smoke from Uncle Steve's ashes...
After the air plane passed we had a nice memorial service.  We all got in a circle talked about memories of Uncle Steve.  It was very special to have one of Uncle Steve's closet friends there, James.  He had lots of fun stories to tell us.  I always remember growing up having my uncle at all of events with us.  I loved the story my mom told of how everyone was busy on New Years Eve 1982 the night before my sister was born and she had to have Uncle Steve baby sit me I was only 2.  He was a great Uncle and will always hold a very special place in our hearts.  
We then I all went and had a nice lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe together.
 My sister and I didn't plan to look like twins but we sure did...
 Great minds think a like! 
 My brother is doing amazing on his journey to lose weigh and being more healthy.  Every time we see him he has lost more weight! He is doing wonderful with his diet and he has taken up running! I'm so excited because we plan to a race together soon!  Go Gaga! so proud of you!
 After lunch we did some site seeing on Pier 39.



 The we said our good byes to the aunts and headed for our favorite hotel in Fremont for the night.  We love because it's super nice and has an indoor pool.  We were super excited to get to stay with Nana, Papa, Gaga and Titi this time.  When we got to the hotel the kids swam and then we all went to late dinner at Claim Jumpers.

We went back to the hotel and had a nice sleep.  The next morning we just hung out and then said our good byes to the family and headed over to Los Altos to visit grandma.  We took her out to lunch and for shopping.  Then we helped her organize her room.  So sad I didn't get any pictures! It was nice to see her and help her a little.  Then we headed back home.

No comments: