Friday, March 16, 2018

Valentine's Day 2018

Valentine's Day is always so much fun! Our kids looked so cute in their red outfits caring their special treats for their friends.
Poor Carter was really sick on Monday 2/12 and stayed home from school with a 103 degree temp.  I was freaking out like always but after talking to a doctor on face time she reassured me that it wasn't the terrible flu going around and it was most likely strep.  She prescribed him antibiotics and were able to get him on that right away! I think that also helped for non of us to catch it. By Tuesday he was feeling much better but to be safe we took a family sick day.  It was actually a huge blessing since it gave us time to work on our Valentines and boxes.
Carter is never too sick to craft...
He was trying to look scared in this next picture with his robot box.
Aubrey was thrilled that we found enough slime Valentine's at Target for her classmates.  The trick is to but super early here so We found those Valentine's the first week of January and snagged them up! Good thing because they sold out by February 1st!

Aubrey made a super sweet and cute box this year!
I made my tradition Valentine's chex mix for the teachers but forgot to take a picture and then for my students I did these cute erasers, which they all loved.
Aubrey's Valentine's
Carter's Valentine's
They also came out really cute! I love giving something that is not candy! I feel like they get so much candy so it's nice to give something they can play with or use.
Wednesday 2/14 we were all healthy and ready to go back to school.  I set out the kids little treats and heart attacked the house.  They were very excited!


For breakfast they wanted bagels.

and then we were off....
My Kindergarten reading group was canceled on Vday so I was so happy I could sneak over and be part of Carter's Valentine's party.  I got there right in time for the giving out of Valentine's.
Carter with Bella
I loved Mila's box! So cute and such a good idea!
Carter's box was by far the coolest! He was very proud!
Cord and Carter
Aubrey and her friends came and hung out with me at recess.
Kai, Aubrey and Adiya

For lunch I got to meet up with my hubby for sushi.  It was an awesome date lunch.
After lunch I went back to the school to help at Carter's party.  Man did they get lots of treats!
They were so cute dancing and having fun.
When we got home I was surprised to find this from my Valentine....
Then it was time to open all our Valentine's..

Aubrey's teacher has bags for all the students to write why they like each other.  It was sweet reading what they all said to Aubrey.

Once dad got home we all got ready and went out to dinner to Jantz.
It was a great day! So glad I get to spend every Valentine's day with my wonderful family!

No comments: