Sunday, June 4, 2017

May 2017

We manged to survive the month of May! Not really sure how but we did it but we did! With all the birthdays, parties, baseball, school presentations, field trips, and every day life stuff it was a busy month!  I have done separate posts for most but here is was also was going on!
Friday May 19th was the first grade end of the year park field trip.  I love this trip! We all walk from the school to the park and then break into groups of around 15 kids and do super fun outdoor activities.  The weather was perfect that day! 
First up for our group was parachute.



Then a bubble gum story while chewing bubble gum
Spray bottle wars.

Potato sac racing and musical spots.

bubbles
rely races and a wolf color game.
There were probably more stations that I forgot about.
After all that playing it was time for a BBQ lunch.
Followed by playground play and a huge water balloon fight!

Best buds! 
Carter and Ander
After our walk back to the school we enjoyed a Popsicle
That day the kid got to bring home the art they had displayed at the Science Fair.  I was so proud of them!!
Life is pretty tough for this guy!
Saturday May 20th was our annual Mud Run.  I say annual yet we have only done it for 2 years now but we have decided it will be annual for now on! This year only 3 of us did it.  Due to a few of the girls being pregnant and others already having plans.  But it was actually really nice having a small group.  We ran the entire race and it felt so good accomplishing it.
Erika, Susan and me (Before) 
and after.
I must say I do clean up pretty good! We had a friends surprise dinner that night.
Monday May 22nd the ambulance came to the school and Carter was very excited that he was the chosen kid to be hooked up to the EKG and have his heart monitored.
Tuesday had his physical and I had to pick him up from school I noticed at the appointment he had two different shoes on.
I subbed in Carter's class on Wednesday May 24th and Thursday May 25th.  I then subbed in Aubrey's class on Friday May 26th! I was pretty tired!!
Wednesday the kids had a fun Lego class to go to.
We also had a really good Memorial day show to go to.  I love our school!

 and I worked onm the classroom helpers gifts (one for me too)
That week I was also babysitting Daliyah.  Her mom had appointments down in LA and asked if I could watch her so she stayed a few nights.  They all had fun playing with their American Girl/Boy dolls.  We made fidget spinners and iPhones after school one day.

Thursday subbing!
They had an award ceremony that day and Carter got awarded for his high AR score.


More Lego class.  Carter was so bored!!! The class was in another teachers very disorganized room and it moved at a snails pace! 

Aubrey got an award later that day too.
The highest reading kids got a pizza party that afternoon. not sure what her signing is all about?? I think she was trying to say I love you!


Friday I was in Aubrey's class subbing  The girls stayed in for lunch.
I made all the hats for the Charlotte's Web play that day.
Man I was I ready for a 3 day weekend after that week!! 
Saturday we hosted a Memorial Day BBQ with our friends.

Sunday we went to church and then that afternoon we took a long bike ride and stopped for some Slurpee's 
We did some toad hunting too.
Monday May 29th we spent the day working out and swimming at the gym.
Then we went to Sushi for dinner and are so excited that the kids like Sushi now!


I made these gifts for the teachers this year.

 and this is what I got from Ms. Buttrey.  
Tuesday May 30th I had to work at the airport but the kids had their field day and then Wednesday May 31th was Aubrey's Charlotte Web play.  It was really cute and sweet.  Also that day it was her end of the year party!


No comments: