Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Rest of May

While Carter and I were at the graduation pool party on Wednesday May 18th daddy and Aubrey got to go on her last 2nd grade field trip together to Me & Ed's Pizza. 


 It was a very fun trip.  They got to walk from the school and then learned all about making pizzas.  They did an art project and drew how they would make their pizza and then got to make their own pizza and cook it. 

 Then they got to enjoy what they made for lunch.  The highlight of the trip was when a very kind gentleman offered to give each child a $1 to play games or try to get a stuffed animal from the claw game.  Aubrey thought that was the nicest thing ever that a stranger would give Mrs. Haar $25! And guess what Aubrey won on the claw game and brought a cute goat stuffed animal home.
 Thursday May 19th was my official last MOPS tea party.  Well I guess I can come back the coordinator invited me too but it is suppose to be my last since my baby will now be in first grade.  It's crazy that I started going to MOPS when Aubrey was only 6 months old! 8 whole years! It has been such a great organization to belong too.  It's funny because I remember when I was first getting involved I would be at every event and never missed a Thursday meeting I would always wonder why the moms of older children would just come and go off and on and then guess what I turned into that mom.  When your kids get older you get busier with there stuff and it's hard to fit in going to MOPS because lets be honest when I finally have a morning off I take full advantage of the me time.  MOPS has been a huge blessing in my life it has helped me to make friends, get involved in the community, learn lots of mothering skills and it was there for me when I needed help.  I have watched it grow and change in the 8 years I was there.  I had the opportunity to be on the leadership team a couple of years ago which really helped me out of my comfort zone.  The tea party is my favorite event!  
 Thursday afternoon I went and helped Mrs. Haar get ready for the big Bugs play that Aubrey was in the following week.
 Saturday May 21st a group of friends and I did a mud run it so so so so FUN! I had mentioned back in January to Amy that I wanted to do a mud run some time and sure enough 6 hours later she texted me the details of one that was local so we signed up right away.  It was such a fun group of girls to go with!  Amy and Susan made us the cutest matching shirts and we just had a blast!
Me, Susan, Chelsea, Lori and Amy
 Our backs were cute with our last names on them.
 and here is the after....
Susan, Chelsea, Me, Lori and Amy
We got so dirty it was awesome! I actually wasn't that dirty most of the time but went all under at the end for the sake of a good picture lol.  The race was pretty low key we ran off and on but mostly walked and talked.  The different obstacles were fun and once you got over the shock of the cold mud getting everywhere it was so much fun.  I was proud of our team we did every obstacles and stayed together the whole time.  With all the mud on my face my blue eyes really poped.   After we took some pictures it was time to clean off.  They had 2 options to shower in outside showers or have firemen hose you off with their fire hose.  We opted for both options which were both very cold and didn't get all the mud off.   It was actually kind of a cold day so the cold mud and the freezing water to wash off in made for a very cold walk back to the car.  Once back at the car we used hundreds of baby wipes and manged to get clean enough to go shop at Old Navy and have an amazing lunch at Red Robins.  After lunch we did a little more shopping and then came home.  It took me 3 more showers to get all the mud out of my hair, ears, and some other interesting areas.  It was so worth it! It was a great experience.  I feel so blessed to have very fun adventurous friends!  
While I was at the race Spencer took the kids to Target and to swim at the indoor pool at the gym.
That night after my showers we went and had a yummy sushi dinner as a family.
Sunday 5/22 I taught Sharing time.
My hair skills are finally getting better and I think Aubrey's hair is getting easier to do fun things with.  
Monday 23rd Carter came to work with me.
 Tuesday May 24th Nana came down to have lunch with Carter and I and to go to one of Aubrey's bug play performances. 
This Bugs play was the cutest thing ever! The kids worked so hard and it showed it was really good and so sweet!  They were all kinds of different bugs and each kid got to pick there parts.  Aubrey choose being a firefly because in their song she got to hold a flash light and do fun light tricks while she sang.  She did so great!



I hope when Carter's in 2nd grade he picks to be an army ant because those were also my favorite.
I was trying to capture a sweet moment with Aubrey and her nana but when the teacher said it was time to go she was so mad that I was holding her captive.  She can be such a worry wart sometimes.
 After the show we went home and relaxed because Wednesday 5/25 was another busy day!
Not only was it another bugs play performance but it was also open house, Carter's last tball game and Spencer's final exam for his students.  It was a busy night but we were able to fit it all in!



 Aubrey and Kendall 
Aubrey and Ellie. 
 Mrs. Haar did a great job with open house her room looked beautiful and all the projects she did with the kids were awesome.  We are really going to miss her next year!
 Up next the last tball game.
 I loved Carter with that old wooden bat.
 He was so excited to get his metal again this year.


 It was such a fun team having Alex play with us this year.

 Thursday 5/26 I was invited to attend an award ceremony at school.  I knew it probably had to do with my voulenteering since that's what happened last year.  It did and I got a certficate for being on the PTC board, an SSC member and Mrs. Haar gave such a sweet speech about how I was her right hand man this year and she couldn't have done it with out me it was really sweet.  Then the teachers awarded 3 kids from each class with awards.  Mrs. Haar's award for outstanding performance went to Aubrey!!  She gave a beautiful speech about how honered she was to have Aubrey in her class and that by far she was her best student she had ever had.  It brought tears to my eyes.  We are so proud of you Aubrey you are amazing in all you do!!





 Aubrey was so proud and she should be she is WONDERFUL!
That afternoon we had a play date with Alex and Ruby.


We had decided for Memorial Day weekend to just take it easy and get things done around the house and have a staycation since our big vacation was coming up on 6/4.
Friday night 5/27 we had dinner at one of our favorite spots La Ha2
 Saturday we spent the whole day at the gym and in the pool it was great!
 Aubrey had a girl scout troop pool party that weekend.
 We finshed our laundry room floors.  Our wood floor project is offically all done!
and I also made our Hogwarts shirts for Harry Potter Land.
 Monday I did a crazy long run.  I was shocked at the calories??? Not sure if that is right but I just got in a zone and kept going.
 Carter came to work with me on Tuesday and we ended May 2016 taking a ride in Stan's convertiable!


No comments: