Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Good Bye 2nd Grade

It's so hard to believe another year is in our memory books.  What a fun year 2nd grade has been.  Aubrey has just been a joy when it comes to school she loves it! She is excited to go and learn every day.  Her grades are as good as they can get all 4's and outstanding.  I am constantly getting praise for what a great girl she is from her teacher, yard duties and even the principle.  I never have to worry she is always prepared, on task and super excited about school.  She takes her homework very seriously and I don't even need to remind her to do it she just does it on her own.  It usually only takes like 20 minutes and then she is free to play and have fun afternoons.  We are so proud of her.  As I have mentioned before she got into the GATE program with a very high score of 97% we went to the GATE open house and I really liked the program and the teacher not the school and the area it is in as much.  Aubrey liked the teacher too but did not want to leave Peterson and all her friends.  She also wanted to go there since Carter will be there with her too.  You can't test until first grade so we will have Carter tested next year.  Also since Peterson is the highest ranked school in the area and I'm on the PTC board those were also big pulls to stay where we were at.  We left the final choice up to her so we will be back at Peterson next year.  The good thing with the GATE test is once you pass you are in and you can decided year to year what you want to do so if we feel like she needs more of challenge she might go for 4th grade and if Carter passes too that might also make the decision easier.  I'm just happy to have both my kids at the same school next year.


 The last week of school is so silly! I think it's crazy that they make the kids go back for 3 days after Memorial Day.  I guess it's the only way that the teachers will get paid in June is if they teach in June.  Little teaching is going on that week.  Lol.  Tuesday was a movie and cleanup day.
Wednesday 6/1 was field day.  I was there all day.  I was in charge of musical chairs I think it was the hottest day ever I was dying on the assault but I was happy to be able to be there.



 That day Mrs. Haar took Aubrey, Carter and I out to lunch.  I LOVE Mrs. Haar.  She has been so fun and sweet.  I wanted to do something special for her so I did what I did for Carter's teachers and made her a collage.
 Aubrey made her a sweet block with the picture of them from her baptism.
 Thursday 6/2 was the offical last day of school. Mrs. Haar put me in charge of the day so I had the idea to do an ice cream sundae party and I had Spencer come in and do magic it was such a fun day! 
 She loved her gift!

 Spencer's magic was a big hit!


 and the ice cream sundae party was so yummy!

 My dad and Scott had an inspecition that day in Merced so they were down in the area and brought mom with them.  Mom watched Carter while I was at school and then school got out at noon.  Aubrey loves running through the welcome to summer banner that I make every year.

and all the summer gifts waiting for them!

 That afternoon Nana, Papa, Gaga, Spencer, Aubrey, Carter and I went out to Indian for lunch it was so yummy! Then later that afternoon Titi came out to spend a couple nights with us before we left for Universial and Disneyland.
Friday 6/3 titi talked me into getting Carter a little trim.  I love his boy band hair but it was getting a little out of hand.

 I laso did a fun a maicure for Aubrey that day for our trip.
 We played, shopped and ate yummy food with titi before we left on our trip on Saturday.
 Carter decided on a Star Wars lego ship to use his birthday and graduation money on.  I didn't think he would finsh it by the time we left but he did!

No comments: