Thursday, June 2, 2016

Carter's Graduation

I can not get enough of this handsom boy! He is too darling for words! Tuesday May 17th was his last day of kindergarten.  Oh how I wanted to ball my eyes out the entire day but I stayed strong and just made it a very special happy day for him (though inside I was crying like a baby).  He looks about the same size since day one to teh last day but his face looks like he has matured.
 He has grown so much this year.  He did outstanding at Sonshine and it has been such a blessing to our lives.  I have LOVED the program.  Carter can now read very well and he is doing adding and subtracting but what I love most is that he is so confident and has really grown to love school.  There was not a day that I had to pull him out of bed.  Every morning he was excited to go and learn.  He had a class of 12 kids which was the best ever.  All of the kids came from the same preschool and I was amazed at how well and fast Carter just became part of the group.  He is a great friend and loves everyone.  I could type on and on for hours about how much I love him and how proud I am of him!  We are sad to say good bye to Kindergarten but excited for his new adventures in life.  
After I picked him up his lunch choice....McDonald's for 10 chicken nuggets (his favorite)
 We then came home and I finished up his teacher's gifts and then we got ready for the graduation that night.


 His graduation was the cutest thing around! They decorated so cute and all the kids got really cool binders with tons of work and pictures something we will treasure for ever.
 It was so sweet of Nana, Papa, Titi and Gaga to come down and share in the excitement.
 Here he comes!
 They sang 3 songs and showed the cutest video they made.  They asked all the kids questions and they all had the cutest answer.  We got it all on tape.  I almost balled my eyes out when they sang What a Wonderful World but I manged to keep it together.
 Then the teachers presented the diplomas and awards.  Carter got an award for being artistic.  He really is very artistic and has been since he was about 1! All the other kids would want him to color for him since he is so good at it.

 Love these teachers!!!

 Look at the cutie!!! Nana and Papa surprised him with balloons.

 Family picture time!




 They had a cupcake bar after the graduation.
 Then our whole family went to Sizzler (Carter's choice) for dinner and then back home for a couple gifts and an amazing giant chocolate chip cookie made by Titi!


So yummy!
 It was such a fun night! 
Wednesday May 18th was the schools graduation swim party at Cord's house.

 I brought the cupcakes and some left over cookie which was a big hit!




We are going to miss kindergarten.  I wish Sonshine had all the grades it was such an awesome experience.  We are happy that his best friends, Anderson, Cord and Ian will all be with him at Peterson next year.

No comments: