Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Busiest week ever!

The first week in May was seriously the busiest week I think I have ever had.  I kind of remember last year this week being crazy also.  I think in the future I will have to be better at planning because I felt like I was running around like a crazy women all week.
Monday 5/2 Carter's real birthday.
Tuesday 5/3 Carter brought treats for the class to celebrate his birthday.  This was the week that kindergarten started staying later to prepare them for 1st grade.  He was very excited to eat lunch at school.  I had work that day.
 That night we finished the teacher's gifts for teacher appreciation.  We had given Mrs. Haar a plaque at Christmas so for her we did a jar and put her favorite cookies in it.  Aubrey also made her a card and wrote the sweetest message to her.
Wednesday 5/4 was my volunteer day at Carter's school.  It was fun being there for lunch.  I started working on the kids gifts to the teachers that day.
 Wednesday night Aubrey had a girl scout dance camp.  She loved it and has actually agreed to me signing her up for dance again this summer.
 Thursday 5/5 Cinco de Mayo.  We invited the Spain's and Chu's over for a Cinco De May party.  It was a blast.  We made pina colada and strawberry daiquiri's to drink.  For dinner we had fajitas, rice, chips and dip oh and our famous 7 layer dip it was so yummy! For dessert Amy made choco tacos.  We had fun eating all night.  Then we played games while the kids played.  Aubrey is so good with Brooklyn.  I wish I got more pictures but I was to busy eating, lol.

After everyone left the kids wanted to give me one of my mother's day gifts early so I could use it over the weekend.
It was a new Fuji film Polaroid camera, I was so excited!! 
It's adorable and I'm having so much fun taking vintage Polaroid pictures.


Friday 5/6: I was in charge of the teacher appreciation lunch at Peterson again this year.  I decided on a BBQ theme and I was super excited.  The day got switched around a bunch of times but in the end it ended up being on Friday 5/6 I had Carter's mothers day tea at his school that I didn't want to miss so I couldn't be at the event but I still did all the decorations, set up and clean up.  Leading up to the day it was beautiful weather but sure enough rain on Friday and rain in the forecast for Carter's party the next day.  We had to switch things around and I had to decorate the teacher lounge for the party.  It didn't come out as cute as I envisioned in my head but the teachers seemed to like it and the BBQ was yummy.





After I decorated I hurried over to the Mother's day tea.  It was ADORABLE! I was greeted by my little cutie at the door he then lead me to my seat and brought me a menu to order from.  He took my order and then served me a beautiful lunch.  It was really cute.  We all enjoyed yummy treats and then the teachers read our interviews from the kids.  According to Carter I'm 55, love Lego's, only shop at Target and I love to cuddle my kids.  It was pretty cute.  Oh and if he could buy me anything it would be a dress.  I loved this time I had with my guy.  It was a nice treat on such a busy week.  I also got an adorable picture and a cute book he made.


 Friday evening Aubrey got all her girl scout badges that she had earned all year.
 What a week! Next up Carter's party!

No comments: