Thursday, May 26, 2016

Our Little Guy turned 6!!!

 May 2nd we got to celebrate the cutest guy around, Carter!! We had such a fun day.  His birthday was on a Monday this year. Carter decided that a day at home playing with mom sounded good and so did I so I switched my work day and he took the day off.  Aubrey didn't want to miss any of the fun so she took the day off too.  I could not be more in love with this 6 year old!
Aubrey woke up first and then woke Carter up.  I wish this picture wasn't blurry I love his sleepy face.
 His door of pictures.
 Then down stairs to all the gifts and decorations.

 First thing first he must change his count down blocks to 0 lol.  He was so good about counting down the days every day leading up to May 2.


 We woke up early enough to open most of his gifts with daddy still home.

 Aubrey was very cute.  She wrote up a little note and wrapped a gift that I had no idea about.  It was a dollar bill from her piggy bank and a shopkin that he really wanted but in the note she said he could only borrow it for 4 days and then had to give it back.  It sounds a bit like Indian giving to me but he was still excited so it was cute.






He has wanted this BB8 controller for a long time so he was very excited.
He also got this cool catapult craft set that we went straight into making that morning.
 While the wood glue dryed he ran around with BB8 and I made him blue pancakes.


 Then we got to play with the catapults.
 Lots of Lego building that morning.
 He also got a cute BB8 kite that we played with for a long time in the front yard.

 After we got ready we went and met dad at McDonald's for lunch.
 Then it was off to Target and Wal-mart to find season 5 shopkins.  Carter is super into them too and the new season came out on May 1st so he was persistent for us to go look for them.
 We had success in finding some and as you can see Aubrey was thrilled.

 All afternoon Carter just wanted to play and play so that is what we did.
 When daddy came home he brought the R2D2 cake I had ordered home.  I went for a small cake because the kids only like a little bit at a time and I don't need a huge cake tempting me. I was a little surprised with how small it was but guess what I was the only one that ate it so I'm glad it was small.

 Once daddy got home Carter got to open his last big gift.
 A star wars Lego set that he really wanted.
 These sets are meant for so much older kids to put together but Carter can do it.  He amazes me at how confident and patient he is when it comes to Lego building.
 Then it was off to Big Bear Diner for dinner (Carter's choice)



 Gotta get a picture with the bears.
 Then we rushed home to sing happy birthday really quick because daddy had to teach that night.

 Too cute!!!


We said our good byes to daddy and then ate cake, played outside and then Carter started working on his new Lego Set.  I let them stay up that night to see dad one last time when he got home.  It was a very fun day!
Dear Carter, 
We are so proud of you.  You bring such joy and happiness to our home.  You are never in a bad mood and always find the good in every situation.  You are so smart.  Every week you pass lolly pop math and your sight word sheet.  You are reading anything and everything you can get your hands on.  I love the confidence you have in everything you do.  You have so many friends and are always helping others.  You are very polite and hold the door open for everyone.  You remember everything we tell you.  Your stories are amazing I love to snuggle on the couch and just listen to everything you have to say.   You are still such a picky eater.  All you like is chicken nuggets and really big blue berries.  Oh you also like toaster strudel's and pancakes in the mornings.  You are an amazing artist and would color all day if you could.  I'm so lucky to be your mom and get to hug and kiss you every day.  Happy Birthday!

No comments: