Monday, April 11, 2016

Aubrey's Baptism

Aubrey's baptism day was on Saturday March 26th.  It was such a special amazing day for her and for our whole family.  We feel very blessed to be members of an amazing church and to have the gospel in our lives.  I can hardly believe that my little Aubrey was old enough to be baptized.  Leading up to her baptism I was stressed with all the preparations and because after her baptism I was hosting a huge Easter party with 30 family members.  I worried all week long about how the day would flow.  When you woke up that morning I was actually incredibly calm, we all were.  It was amazing to me that on a day that I had so much going on and that I would usually feel stressed out I wasn't.  I really feel that it was Heavenly Father making it so that it was just a perfect day.  Spencer's family has a dress that they have passed down from generation to generation to be baptized in.  When we got the dress Aubrey was complaining that it was itchy and uncomfortable (believe me she doesn't like anything uncomfortable it has to be just right) I thought for sure she would be complaining all morning but she wasn't she could not wait to get the dress on and it was if she turned into a real princess walking around in her special dress.  She had a glow about her all day and I truly felt like all our family members from heaven were looking down on us that day.  Aubrey was very proud and you can tell that she felt very special. 
 Daddy was very proud too.

 and mommy










 We were so blessed to have both family and friends help in Aubrey's special day.  I love that her primary teacher sang it made it really special.  I also love how her cousins gave the talks.  It was neat having 14 year olds to the talks they really touched Aubrey's heart.
 Spencer did such an amazing job with the baptism.  I feel so lucky that both Aubrey and I were baptized by Spencer.  Aubrey had lots of family and friends come to her special day.  I wish I would have had my camera out when we were all enjoying the refreshments but I was too busy talking.  Spencer's best friend from childhood surprised us with being there.  He lives in Handford now and him, his wife and their 4 children came.  We also had a lot of friends from church.  All the California Supingers and my parents and sister.  Another really special guest was Aubrey's teacher Mrs. Haar.  I thought it was so sweet for her to come and support Aubrey that day.
 It was such a sweet morning.  After our church clean up we made it home for the Supinger Easter party.  The family had a great time playing games eating the best tri-tip ever and celebrating Easter and Birthdays.


 We had over 300 Esater eggs to hide for the kids.



 Dessert was so yummy.  My homemade carrot cake, raley's chocolate cake and mom's strawberry cheese cake.

 What a party! I think we said our last good bye to Adam and Susan around 8pm.  It was a long day but a fun day filled with lots of great memories. 
It was then time to dye our Easter eggs.

 This is always such a fun activity.

 After our Easter eggs we opened Aubrey's baptism gifts.  Aunt Angie always makes these awesome candy boards.
 Mrs. Haar gave Aubrey beautiful 14k gold earrings.

 We suprised her with her very own scriptures with her name on them.

What a perfect day!

No comments: