Monday, November 23, 2015

My 35th Birthday

Yes I typed that right I'm 35!!! It sure is hard to believe I'm approaching my late 30's.  I honestly still think of myself as being early 20's.  I guess that's good to keep me young at heart.  It also helps being married to my high school sweet heart because we feel like we are still kids together.  My birthday was on a Tuesday this year.  I was so use to having weekend birthdays the last few years so we were able to go out of town but with Halloween on Saturday it was to hard to plan a trip away this year so we decided to save that for December and to stay local for my birthday.  The kids were so excited for my big day.  On Monday Carter was smiling so big and I asked him what was making him so happy and he said, "I just can't wait for tomorrow because it's your birthday." Monday night before me birthday I went out with my new friend Mary and while I was gone Aubrey lost her 7th tooth.  She was very excited to have the tooth fairy come on my birthday morning.  

November 3rd I woke up to two very adorable kids with a couple of very sweet handmade cards and then with a string that lead me through the whole house to all my gifts.  The kids got the idea from the new Frozen short when it's Elsa's birthday.  They were beyond excited to surprise me with that idea they had.





 The string had me go through the whole house and then end in the dinning room with all my gifts.  It wa so much fun!! I felt like the luckiest mom ever! 

Aubrey made me an adorable picture memory box,  She painted it my favorite colors.  I loved all the pictures that she picked for the outside.  Inside the box there was a bottle of Orange paint.  I guess I had mentioned while a project that I needed a new orange paint and so she picked that out for me, so thoughtful.
 Carter painted me a very pretty mini jewelry box that is perfect to be  by my bed to put my wedding rings in at night time.  It was just so sweet and also so thoughtful.  I had mentioned I needed a special place for my rings and he remembered.
 Daddy got me a new bath and body candle for Christmas time that I really wanted.
 He also got me a dress I had been eyeing and a fun new software to make greeting cards.  I had said I wanted to started to design my own and he picked me out a great introto card making software now I just need to find the time to play with it.
 Tuesday was a great day for my birthday it's my day off.  I work Monday, Carter's class Wednesday and Aubrey's class Friday's.  I love all my weekly obligations but it was nice to have my special day on a day I don't have anything to do.  I drove the kids to school and then I came home and took my time doing a nice long run in the garage while watching 90210.  Then I got to Deuce on a nice fall walk.  I then got ready and had a great date lunch with Spencer at my favorite place, Panera.
I was sad I didn't get any pictures at the restaurant but I did still have my cup so I took one when Spencer got home lol.
After lunch I went to pick up my favorite excited little guy! We decided to go to one of may favorite stores, Target.
When we finished there it was still about an hour and half until Aubrey got off but I couldn't wait so we went and picked her up early.  She was very excited.  She was so happy that I had my new dress on and actually when we got home went and put on a dress to be like me :) after cake time

 We then hung out at home and waited for Spencer to get off.  He surprised me and got off early too.  He came home with a beautiful cake.  I love bakery white cake with white butter cream froasting and pink and purple flowers.  It's been my favorite since I can remeber.  Even though we hadn't had our dinner yet we decided that we wanted to do cake then.



It was so yummy!! I'm glad we did cake then because after dinner I was so stuffed that I could only eat a little slever so it was awesome getting to eat a huge piece before dinner.  After cake we did table prizes.  The kids just love this tradition.


 Spencer got a super fun dice game that we have been really enjoying playing as a family.
 After that we were off to Turlock for an awesome birthday dinner at Red Robins and then some Old Navy shopping.


It was a GREAT day.  I felt very special with all the nice phone calls, text messages and cards.  I loved being with my with my little family that day.  I went to bed feeling very blessed and not too old, lol.
Of course birthdays never just last one day.  I celebrated all week long.
Gotta love the cheez it and cake lunch the next day.
 Wednesday night the Sharps took me out to Jantz for dinner and to celebrate.  Sadly I didn't get  a group shot but I did get the kids with their huge cookies.

Saturday November 7th we got to celebrate with my family in Modesto.  My sister actually came out to Merced on Friday because she had a baking job out here (pictures in the next post) so we hung out Friday and then all went to the mall on Saturday.  We then met up with my parents and brother at Bj's.  I love that restaurant.  We had really good service our waitress was so sweet. We sat and talked and we were really enjoying ourselves when a manager came over and apologized for our food taking so long.  We were all having so much fun visiting and opening gifts we didn't even notice.  Our waitress was so sweet about it and a long story short we ended up getting our entire meal for free.  It was pretty amazing! I thought the cake my mom and dad got was perfect but my mom was mad that the roses looked more like daisy's and were too dark of a purple so she ended up complaining to the bakery and sure enough we got the cake for free too.  It was a great night of surprises.  I loved that I got to have this party with the people that mean the most to me ever.

The kids love that Nana & Papa do table prizes too.
 Both my brother and sister gave me gift cards to my favorite store.  My parents gave me a great new winter running suit.

 and surprised me big time with a new Coach clutch that I love.

 It was a great night! Full of laughs, great food, wonderful company and lots of love.  Getting old is not that bad!
Mom found out after my birthday that I had been eyeing a new pair of green hunter rain boots so she talked me into ordering them for my Birthday too. 
I love birthdays!!!!

No comments: