Sunday, August 24, 2014

Run or Dye

Saturday August 23rd was Run or Dye in Merced.  This was our very first 5K and we all loved it!! 
We signed up as a family and with our really good friends Susan and Murun.   
Thanks to Susan for waking up early and getting in line at 7:00am for us.  I over heard that there were over 2,000 people at the event! That's really huge for Merced! The kids were very excited to wear all white.

We were excited to find our other friends the Miller's in the crowd.  We all were close together before the race started but when the run started they split us up so we didn't see them on the track.

It was so fun being around so many excited people all there to have a good time.  The music was going and everyone dancing and cheering was just awesome!

We decided that we should bring the stroller since 3 miles is a little long to have the kids run/walk.
The run was so much fun! Seeing the kids run and do so great was the highlight.  
So like I have said in previous posts I have been working on my running at the gym and in our garage on the treadmill.  I have been doing 3.5 miles and running 30 minutes straight (no stopping).  Running outside, with no T.V. and pushing or watching kids made for a completely different experience then the treadmill with my head set on.  I was disappointed that I had to stop and walk a couple times but after thinking of all the circumstances I guess doing a 5K in 40 minutes was not that bad.  Other runners were very impressed with the kids and would ask me their names and would cheer them on.  
Here was a reenactment of us coming into the finish line: 

I just loved doing this race my family and my friends it was a really special experience!




 We didn't want to miss out on the Lowe's craft this week lol!
We made it over in time even if we were pink, purple, blue, yellow and orange!

No comments: