Sunday, August 24, 2014

First day of 1st Grade

Aubrey's first day of school was Monday August 18th.  She was very excited about her first day!  Starting 1st grade seemed to be so much less stress than kindergarten for her and for me.  The transition was so much smoother this time around.  We were very excited that she got Ms. Buttrey as her teacher (I have heard nothing but amazing things about her) and that her best friend Kendall is in her class.  Aubrey could not wait to wear her light up shoes, the outfit she picked out and her Frozen backpack.


 Drop off for 1st grade is so much fun!! Last year we had to drop her at the cafeteria and leave.  1st grade we get to go to the play yard and play with her until the bell rings.  Carter just loves it and I think Aubrey loves introducing her brother to everyone.
 On the first day of school I was not prepared with my nice camera to take pictures in the class room.  See last year like I said before we dropped them off at the cafeteria and had to leave so that is what I was planning on this year.  I was pleasantly surprised that this year the teacher is so inviting and wants the parents to drop them at the classroom.  Carter and I actually got to go into the room and hang out for a little bit.  It felt so much better this time around! Last year I had to wait until October to get invited into the class this year Ms. Buttrey has already talked about wanting me help as soon as possible.  
The first week of school went really good.  We did have some minor issues with friends and a "bad" boy in her class that is in the same group.  We also had to already have our first sick day on Thursday due to a stuffy nose and one of her swollen lip attacks (still trying to figure that out!).  But all in all it was a good week and she is excited to go back tomorrow :)

No comments: