Sunday, March 2, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

The kids and I had fun picking out and making homemade Valentine's day cards.  Pinterest always has such fun unique card ideas.  I pinned a bunch and had the kids choose which ones they wanted.



Monday of Valentine's week was my planning day at preschool.  It was so much fun! We made heart sun catchers for the art, the dancing hearts experiment for discovery, heart peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for snack, and we read the Pinkalicious Valentine's Day book.   
February 13th was both kids Valentine's day parties at school.  They loved passing out their cards and we had a blast looking at all the friends cards after school together.



 Every time Carter would throw the bean bag he would lift his foot it was adorable!

I have a new calling at church, 2nd counselor in the Relief Society Presidency.  I have been working on the activities committee for about 2 years so I'm use to helping plan the monthly activities but being in charge is a little different.  I also have to teach every three months and I have a lot more meetings but I have been enjoying it.  I have really liked getting to know the sisters better in the ward.  
Here was our February activity:



 We had a good turn out even more came after I took those pictures but I got busy helping and visiting I didn't get any others.  The treats were so yummy and the company was great.
Nana and papa sent the kids their valentines and I was telling them how lucky they are to have so many people love them and then Aubrey asks me is I will get any valentines and I said I don't know.  She runs off for a long time and then bags me to take her to the mail box so we go and she sneaks three letters in the box for me.  It was super cute and she made sure on the three letters I had one from her, one form Carter and one from daddy she wanted to make sure she covered them it was adorable. 
 Friday morning the 14th (Valentine's day) the kids woke up to their valentine's.  Not sure why Carter wanted to be naked but he is.  

 After our pink heart pancakes we headed up to Sonora to spend the day with Nana, Papa and Titi




 We came home to daddy and a heart shaped pizza and beautiful flowers that I forgot to take a picture of.  Titi came home with us and we left for our mini vacation to Reno the next day.  Our trip will be in my next post.
Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: