Tuesday, March 7, 2017

All the other fun stuff in February

We had a great February with Aubrey's birthday, Valentine's day and a mini vacation.  We also found time to do lots of other fun stuff like make Valentine's day cookies:


I subbed in Carter's class on Friday 2/10 we had a fun Grizzly baseball assembly. 
That night Daddy got home and picked us all up for a surprise night out to the new Batman Lego movie.
That weekend was Aubrey's party.  Aubrey is super into her American girl doll right now.  She likes to take her every where and we have been making some really fun crafts that we have found on YouTube.  Carter loves to do crafts with us too so he has been making them for his teddy bear.  Well from YouTube I got the idea that we could just cut one of Aubrey's old dolls hair to make Carter an American boy doll.  So dad with his amazing hair cutting talents was able to cut one of Aubrey's old Our Generation doll to look just like Carter! He loves it so much!! 
They are two pea's in a pod!  The funny thing is the next day American Girl Doll announced they would be making boy dolls.  We were one step ahead!
This little girl is just too much fun! We have trained her to be so cuddly and fun! Carter's is still pretty fast but she seems to be calming down a little.
Thursday night 2/16 my friend hosted a favorite things party.  I love this party! We did last year and I brought scarfs this year I brought motivational signs.
The kids were home sick that day with colds so we rested but still found time for art and crafts.


I worked on designing my project for the Activity day girls.  I was the 1st councilor in Primary for about 4 years and just got released to be the Activity Day Leader.  So far so good our first activity is 2/21
Friday 2/17 the kids were still home "sick" they probably could have gone back but it was to have another day at home.  Here they are matching their dolls.
That night we took the kids to Bob Cat Diner.  Their milkshakes are the best!!
Saturday 2/18 we picked up our girl scout cookies.  We have over 220 to pass out!
Then we went on our mini trip to Reno.  Once we got back on Tuesday it was a mad dash to get ready for my first Activity day activity (sounds funny).  Doesn't Aubrey look so cute!


I had 13 girls ages 8-11 here it was a lot of fun! We made blocks, played games and ate Valentine treats!
Wednesday 2/22 daddy got to wear some of his new work clothes we got him in Reno.  
So handsome!!
After school that day it was delivery time!  I love her that she took her little brownie doll with here!
 Thursday 2/23 Aubrey finally got her cast off!
 She said it felt weird and cold.  She still is taking it easy with it sometimes wear the brace.
 Friday 2/24 we made cookies for Aubrey's team pizza party on Saturday.
 2/25 games and pizza party!


 After the games that day we had a pizza party with Aubrey's team.  Then we packed up and headed to Hayward to spend some time with mom and dad sup.  Spencer had so much fun going shopping with his mom.
 That night we had my favorite Val's hamburgers and played lots of games.  We also were able to go to Spencer's neighbors and see Richie, Gram, Tara, Quinn and Rosemary. 


 Sunday 2/26 we went to church with mom and dad and then went over to Palo Alto to go to the American Girl Doll to get Lilly's ears pierced.  
 What an amazing store! There is even a hook for your doll while you use the bathroom.
 Aubrey was in heave! (me too!) There was so much to look at and we wanted everything.
 Aubrey waiting for Lilly to get her ears pierced.
 Then it was time for a hair do.



 We had a blast! The boys just walked around the mall and found a Target to look at Lego's.  Aubrey and I had a wonderful time of just being girls.  We all meet up for some California Pizza Kitchen for dinner.
 Monday 2/27 kicked off Dr. Seuss week at school.  Monday was green day and I was the sub in Aubrey's class it was so fun!
 We did all our work and had time for a fun shamrock art project.
 Tuesday 2/28 was an animal day I forgot the book it correlated with.  Carter was worried that dinosaurs were not really animals but that was the shirt he wanted.  That day Carter got to go to the play 
Wizard of OZ.  I would have gone but they could have parents so instead I went to work that day.
Wednesday 3/1 was oh the places you will go wear a shirt you got on vacation day.  I totally forgot to take a picture! Aubrey was in a Disneyland shirt and Carter was in his Lego Land shirt. 
This is what Carter wrote that day.
That afternoon we worked on the kids diorama projects.  Aubrey's animal was the Tortoise and Carter the black widow.  I let the kids design and do their project all on their own.  They did a great job!



 Thursday 3/2 was Dr. Seuss's birthday and it was red and white stripe/hat day.  

Thinking of Dr. Seuss all week reminded me of Carter's 2nd birthday! He loved "go go go" that was his favorite cartoon.
I had lots of fun in his class that.
 These are Carter's writings for the calendar at school.  I love his answers!
 I had fun in Aubrey's class that day too.  I had a PTC that afternoon which I ran since the president couldn't be there. It went good.  
Friday was wear blue from red fish blue fish but I forgot to get a picture of them that day too.  It was a busy morning because it was Spencer's birthday!! 

No comments: