Monday, September 21, 2015

Carter's first day of Kindergarten

Our little man started Kindergarten on Wednesday August 19th at Sonshine Christian School.  He was very excited about his first day.  I could hardly believe his was old enough to start school.  He seems so much smaller to me then Aubrey was but I think it's because he is my baby.  Starting his school career at Sonshine actually made me not nervous or sad about this big milestone I was actually pretty excited for it.  I had such a hard time with Aubrey starting school since it was all day and at such a big school with teachers I didn't know.  When March came and I need to register Carter for kindergarten I was already feeling the pain of anxiety in my stomach.   The day after I registered him ran into an acquittance at pick up at Peterson and she ask me if I had considered Sonshine for kindergarten.  I really feel like it was an answer to my prayers.  I had heard about the school through some other people and how it was a great school and only half day.  I didn't know they offered it back when Aubrey was starting and I think I was so wrapped up in the lottery of the school of choice I thought that was my only option back then.  Well Carter and I were invited to check out Sonshine later that week and we both feel in love at first sight! It was amazing they have young loving teachers, only 13 students (7 of which will go on to Peterson for 1st grade), adorable classroom, open door policy, a family feel and the biggest perk half day.  I was sold!! There is a tuition which was the only negative but with all that we get the monthly fee doesn't even phase me.  The acquittance soon became my friend and is actually the director of Sonshine.  She has a son Aubrey's age and another son Carter's age and so she has been a great a support to me.  We registered him there and haven't looked back.  It was a nice treat to have him start a couple days after Aubrey so we could get on a good schedule.  As you will see like Aubrey's post there are so many pictures I just couldn't resist his cute smile.
  







Is he just not the cutest guy ever?!?!
 I'm so happy I splurged this year and got both the kids backpacks at Pottery Barn.  They are great quality and look adorable!

We were so excited that daddy meet up with us for the first day drop off.


 What a great group of kids!!! 8 boys and 5 girls.
He was so proud of his locker
 Spencer yelled at me after this picture saying I have to step back and let him do it.  I guess you would call me a helicopter parent lol.


 We are so unbelievable happy with Sonshine.  I wish they had all the grades.  I love that Carter loves it so much.  It's neat for him to have his own special experience for Kindergarten.  I feel like being the second born it's easy to slip into the shadow of his sister so this has been a real treat to experience with just him.  He sits next to Roxy and Gabby.  He has 2 teachers Mrs. Milikan on Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday and Mrs. Allen (actually a friend of mine) every other Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  They love him! I have been told that he is an artist (Which I already knew :)! He loves to color and has always loved it.  When we see his work it truly is amazing for a 5 year old.  After we dropped him off I had a moment of tears in the car.  I just can't believe how fast time flies.  I remember when they were babies just like yesterday and I thought my days of cleaning dippers, wiping snot and stuck at home for long hours would never end and now we are in a whole different phase of life.  I'm trying to really treasure enjoy this time because it will pass too.  After my tear session I went and walked the mall and that was pretty amazing not having kids pulling on me, complaining about anything and everything or having to run to the bathroom a thousand times.  I felt pretty cool about this new freedom and like everyone said it would be noon before I knew it.  I was excited to go pick up my guy.  When I got there the teachers were saying good bye to the kids and said "Do I get a high five, fist pump or a hug?" Carter gave  two big hugs to his teachers.  I knew he had a great day.  He had lots of fun stories to tell.  He loves the behavior chart and is doing everything in his power to move up.  The higher you get the more gummy bears you get.  He is doing awesome at his letters and sounds and has already read a few Dick and Jane books.  He is loving math and is starting to understand adding and subtracting.  We are excited for this fun year!!! 

No comments: