Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hawaii Day 7

Day 7 was our last full day in Hawaii.  We tried not to let that bother us and just enjoy our day.  We decided for our work out that morning to run the whole Waikiki strip.  By our hotel there was a sidewalk that ran parallel to the beach.  Then we had to do a little running on the sand.  At one point the sand and the ocean were very narrow and we almost got our running shoes wet.  Then the path took us through a couple hotel courtyards and then we found ourselves out on the main street, weaving through people.  It was really fun.  I was listening to my chill play list on my phone.  Over the Rainbow came on at one point and it  almost felt surreal.  We stopped to take a picture in front of the Duke Paoa Kahanamoku.  
We continued on and got all the way to the Honolulu zoo.  The bottom of diamond head was actually pretty close and we both debated going and hiking it.  That was one thing on our list we really wanted to do.  We were not prepared though.  We didn't have sun block or any water.  Also we really wanted our last day to relax so we opted to skip it and ran back to the hotel.  When we got back our Acai bowls were waiting for us!
Then we went to the water slides at our hotel.  We took the gopro and got some fun videos.  I would post them but I guess my videos are not working on the blog.  
After the slides we went and played on the beach.  Half way through our trip we found a boogie board that some one had left at the hotel and the maid said we could have it so we played on that a few of the days.  After playing that day with it we gave it to a little girl that was very excited to get and enjoy.

I loved all the different ponds at the resort.  This was really cute:
the baby ducks were playing with the koi fish.

We got to talk to the kids everyday and with modern technology like face time I really felt like we were so connected with the kids even though we were across the Pacific Ocean.  Of course I missed them like crazy and could not wait to snuggle them but I knew they were in good hands and having fun.  We had gave Aubrey my old iPhone 4s while we were gone so she could text and face time us.  I could not believe I was texting my 7 year old!! It was really fun.  I love her spelling too!
After swimming we walked over to Cheeseburger in Paradise for lunch and shared a burger.
After lunch I had made an appointment for Spencer to get a message.  I'm not one to like messages that much so I thought why not get him one and then I can go shopping :) So after lunch he went to his message and I went on the pink line double decker bus.  I was going to go the mall again but once I got on the bus Aubrey called me and so we talked and I relaxed and then got off over on the main strip and hit up H&M for some shopping.  
We then met back up at the hotel and got ready for dinner. 

We had made reservations for Benihana's that night.


It was very yummy and a great show.
Then we made it back to the ocean for our last sunset. 






We love you Hawaii and will miss you like crazy!!!!

No comments: