Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Kids Vacation

 I sure missed my cuties while in Hawaii.  This was our first big trip without them and first time being away for a whole week from them.  A lot goes in to planning our vacation and then where and what the kids will be doing.  Since we were going to be gone for 7 nights 8 days we thought the best thing to do was to have the kids spend half the time at Grandma and Grandpa Sups in Hayward (3 nights) and then the other half at Nana and Papa Schills in Sonora (4 nights).  The kids have only ever stayed at my parents with out us so this was the first time for them to stay at Spencer's parents house.  I was a little nervous just because I feel a little more comfortable with my parents and I know the kids feel at home with Nana and papa.  Spencer's parents really wanted to have them and Spencer was excited for our kids to bond a little with them too.  They did good at both houses and it all worked out. They spent Wednesday-Saturday morning in Hayward.  They got to go to the park, watch a lot of movies, eat pop tarts for dinner and even got to meet some cousins from Utah.
I was sad I didn't get any pictures from that part of their vacation.  Here are Aubrey's words about the first half of her time away from mommy and daddy.  Aubrey's words: "I had fun at my grandma and grandpas.  Grandpa really likes taking us to the park.  We got to go and get a happy meal at McDonald's one day.  The big cousins came over and I got to sleep on the couch next to my cousin Brooke we ate pizza that night.  The next day we went to my cousins house and baby sat Gentry.  I didn't like it that much because i was bored but then everyone came home and we had a party that night.  Brooke did my hair really pretty.  I was excited for Nana and Papa to pick us up the next day.  I was really suprised when they got their and took us to John's Incredible pizza!!"    
 Then once they got up to Sonora they went and visited great grandpa and then came home and packed for their big adventure up to Kennedy Meadows.
 I thought it was so cute that my parents planned this little gateway with them.  They got to go up and stay in cabin for 2 nights.  I'm not sure what happened on what day.  My dad sent me all these great pictures.  I'm going to have Aubrey narrate the rest of this post.
Aubrey: "Our cabin did not have any TV's.  I shared a room with Titi and Carter slept upstairs by himself.  We got to go to a little store and I got chocolate milk, I did burn my tongue but it was still yummy.
On the second day we went horse back ridding.

My horse's name was Chubs.  Papa's horse was Willie and Gaga's was Tornado.  Carter and Titi don't remember their horses name.  Since I was 7 I got to ride alone.  My horse went a little fast sometimes it was so fun!!!  We got to see a meadow and walk inside the river with the horse.  My feet didn't get wet just Chubs.




After horse back ridding we went to the store and got a treat.  I got an It's it ice cream and Cater and Papa got a soda.
We went on a hike and swimming in the lake.

I lost one of my shoes in the lake that day.  That we cooked hot dogs for dinner and played games.
Carter took these silly pictures.



It was awesome!!! After the cabin we drove back to Nana and Papa's.  Carter threw up in the car.  After getting home we got to go to Titi's house to play and have a snack.  The next day we went to the movies to see Shawn the Sheep.  It was really funny.  I loved my vacation with my family.  I missed mom and dad a lot."  
I love that my kids got this experience to be with family.  We are still hearing fun little stories about their trip.  Thank you parents for making it possible for Spencer and I to go on vacation and know that our little ones were in good hands!!  We love you!!!

No comments: