Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Does Carter really have to turn 5?

I have asked that very question over and over the last week, does my baby boy really need to turn 5?  Carter has been thrilled all week leading up to his birthday and I have tried to hold back the tears and be excited for him.  He is seriously the sweetest little guy and I have so much fun with him.  He was such a big help all week getting ready for his party.  He would say the cutest things in the car like, "mommy I'm just so excited!" or  "mommy did you know I can do so many more things when I'm 5." During one of our conversations I said to him, "Carter I'm a little sad you are turning 5" he responded with, "It's okay mommy even when I'm 5 I will still be your baby." His thoughtfulness and love for others just melts my heart.   We had a great week gearing up for his party and all the preparations that it takes.  
The day before as he called it his Birthday eve we had fun starting to decorate and pampering him up.  Daddy has been cutting his hair the last 5 years and then I decided I wanted him to have longer hair but it was growing out kind of crazy so I though a trim would be good with a professional.  I forgot Super cuts is not very professional and while I do like how Carters hair turned out I do think daddy does a way better job and for free.
 After his hair cut we made it just in time for Aubrey's award ceremony.

 Filling the pinata was his favorite activity.
Wouldn't you know we had beautiful 70-80 degree weather and the the week before we were in the 90's! Hello summer and hello sprinkler fun!
 We did all our Costco shopping and had an extra kid with us.  Kendall is so adorable and calls us her adoptive family.  We love having her hang out with us.

No comments: