Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween Day

Halloween day was filled with lots of fun!  At Peterson they could not wear costumes but were encouraged to wear black and orange.  Carter and I had to dress up for the preschool party. 
 I love my knight and shining armor! (picture taken by Aubrey)
 The preschool Halloween party was my special project this semester which meant that myself and a partner (Susan) had to plan the whole day.  Our budget was $80 to buy all the supplies, decorations and food.  This was a big deal since it was the first party of the school year and as fun as it was it was also stressful.  I'm having a hard time with the preschool.  I feel like I have a love and hate relationship with it.  I love the idea of parent participation.  I love the kids.  I love planning my days.  I love being with Carter.  I love the flexibility.  I love the cost.  I love the families.  The other side of this school that seems perfect is the teachers.  I really can not stand them.  I know that may seem harsh and rude but they are the hardest people I have ever had to deal with.  Mrs. Robbins is more like a drill Sargent then a teacher and I hate how she yells at parents in front of the children.  She degrades people and makes it really uncomfortable.  Mrs. Rodriguez does the same but in a different mean way.  This has been a really hard thing for me lately.  I'm back and forth on if we should continue going to this school.  It's a great program minus the teachers and that might not make any since but the reason I do continue to allow my children to be there is because the other moms and dads really do love my kids and so even though the "main teachers" are there they really don't have any interaction with the children since they just sit in the office.  Just an example of the attitude I get from these ladies is the day of the party I arrived and hour before school to decorate and I and Carter had to take 4 trips to and from my car to carry things in and they did not even once offer to help.  Then after planning a whole party with games, activities and food I was still reprimanded for minor little things.  Anyways it's a hard thing that I'm trying to decide on what to do.  It's hard living in a small town that really dosn't allow for choices.  I hate being negative but these are my thoughts and I feel like I need to express them.  The party was a success by the eyes of all the kids (who really matter) and the parents.  Mrs. Robbins did say some nice things but it's hard to get past her negaitive attidue to really appriciate them.  Enough of all that here are the pictures from our awesome Halloween party.
We started the the party off decorating trick or treat bags. 
 Time to introduce his mommy the princess.
 Singing to the adult school staff
 Trick or Treating
 Making a frame.
 Pin the bow tie on Mr. Bones
 Candy corn guy craft
 BINGO
 Carter next to the touch and feel boxes I made you will see those a little later.
 Making our caramel apple snack
 Time to eat!
 The class

 Yay my chalk board I made!
 Donut game

 So frustrated!!

 It was a fun morning for the kids and I was very relieved to have all my planning days and my special project done for the semester.  After the party I packed it all up and decided it would be fun to decorate the house for Aubrey to enjoy after school.  She was very excited!  
Here is Carter's bag:
 The touch and feel box's I made.



I was very excited that there was one frame kit left over Aubrey.  She also got to do the pin the bow game too.


We were very excited for daddy to get home so we could had over to Trunk or Treat at the church.  We got all dressed up.











 The Trunk or Treat was so much fun and after we did some trick or treating around our neighborhood.  We got lots of candy and had a wonderful time being together. 

Happy Halloween everyone!!


No comments: