Monday, March 7, 2011

Aubrey......

Is the sweetest little girl we know. She is growing up so fast and I want to make sure I treasure every little moment. She is learning so much every day. I wanted this post to be all about Aubrey and what she knows so I'm sorry if it feels like I bragging but I really feel like she is the smartest little girl ever! Aubrey knows her whole alphabet, how to count to 10 and ALL her colors. We went to a kid's science presentation at Michael's craft store and the lady was so impressed that she knew all her colors. She learned how to mix colors there.

Aubrey LOVES movies. Spencer and I had a great idea. We both had movies in the theater that we wanted to take her too. We keep saying "oh it would be so fun but what would we do with Carter?" Well duh! We took turns and gave her two special movie days. Two Saturdays ago I took her to Gnomeo & Juliet and this last Saturday Spencer took her to Ringo. Both were big hits to little Aubrey. She has an AMAZING memory. She will remember parts from movies she even remembers hair styles. Funny story, we gave Carter his first mohawk a while back and when Aubrey saw it she laughed and said "be right back" next thing we know she has gone through our movie library and brought back The Incredibles and said "look baby Carter!" The little baby in that movie has a mohawk. How in world did she remember that? We watched that movie probably a year ago. We have about 20 other stories just like that.


Aubrey loves all crafts and projects which has been seen in past post. She is also really into baking and now helping me cook dinner and set the table. We made some peanut butter blossoms the other day (which were to die for). Aubrey put every Hersey kiss on and did it so perfect.


Aubrey also enjoys reading. She loves to check books out of the library and read them during quite time. I was so happy that I captured this moment on camera.

We love going to the park. Aubrey's favorite is the swings right now. Today she was playing tag with the other kids their and it was too cute hearing her say "You're it!"

We are working on playing nice with her brother and sharing. These are big things around here but it is improving a little bit.
Aubrey if you read this in a bunch of years from now I want you to know that you brighten my days. You are the best little side kick I could have ever asked for. You make me feel like the luckiest mom in the world. I love your hugs and kisses and when you say "I love you." I'm so proud of you and I love you very very much.

No comments: