Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Sacramento Trip

Our new annual summer trip is a week in Sacramento at our Aunties house via Amtrak.  We had such a fun time last summer the kids and I were counting down the days to do it again. This year our trip was July 10-15th.  We looked like we packed our whole house....


 The train was so much fun!! We had a blast laughing, playing games, and eating snacks!






 Once we got to Sacramento Auntie picked us up and we headed to lunch at Chick Fil A and home for some swimming...

 Wednesday July 11th we decided it would be fun to rent bikes and go on a ride by the Folsom River.  Once we got to the bike shop the employee talked us into renting electrical bikes which we were all not to sure about. but that it would be fun....

 Once all helmeted up we started to head towards the lake. Aunt Pat was in front and when she put on the brakes to wait for us and her bike locked up and she fell of it!! I felt helpless since I was on this dual bike with Carter and I had to make sure he got off before I could help her.  Aubrey ran over and helped Aunt Pat and once I got Carter safe I also could help.  Poor Aunt Pat was in so much pain!! We decided not to ride bikes after that and later found out that Aunt Pat had 3 broken ribs!!  
 After the bike situation we decided to go to Dave & Buster's.  The kids were so excited!

 Then we went to the mall in Roseville and started some back to school shopping at Pottery Barn. 

 Carter could not resist riding this random orange horse...


 By the time we got home that day Aunt Pat was in lots of pain.  I felt so bad for her!! We just relaxed that night and watched movies.
Thursday July 12 I took the kids to the Sacramento Zoo.
 We had fun but missed having Aunt Pat with us.

 omg we got to see a baby panda getting a check up and I almost died! It was adorable!!
 Carter loved having a zoo key this time.


 We packed our lunch that day.  It was fun having lunch watching the giraffes.
 After we were done with the zoo I thought why not check out Ikea! Carter played in the play place while Aubrey and I shopped.
 That night we had more pool time and even Aunt Shelly came in this time!
 Friday July 13 we went to Hotel Transylvania 
 We were so excited to have Spencer come meet us on Friday!!! and as luck would have it the Chu's were in Sacramento too! So we all went to an Escape room that night!
 We had so much fun solving the first room Aunt Pat paid for us all to do another room right after...
 ad we escaped that one too!

 We had a lot of fun!
 Saturday July 14th we braved the heat and headed to the California State Fair.
 They had a silent night club exhibit that was pretty cool!


 I was amazed with the quilts in the craft room...
 The kids and I put together a quilt square for a quilt they are making for kids in the hospital.

 and then we got to sign it...
 The kids loved the carnival games...

and we loved the treats and food!

Aunt Shelly let the kids pick what ever they wanted...
 The aunts always spoil the kids with toys, games and treats!!


 Spencer did Aubrey's hair that day! He is so good!!! Oh and if you didn't notice we dyed Aubrey's hair with Kool Aid earlier in the week.
I am happy to report though I was on vacation I still stayed up on my work outs and once Spencer was in town we got to have a couple fun gym dates!!
 Sunday July 15th we brought home waffles to the kids and aunts, so yummy!! 
 We had a wonderful trip.  Can't wait for next year!

No comments: