Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Introducing......

Millie Supinger......
On July 16th we adopted our second dog and are so in love!!! The kids have been begging to get a puppy for a couple years now.  My love for Deuce is so strong and I worried about him feeling like he was replaced if we were to get a dog so I keep putting it off.  Last year when I was working part time my heart would break every time I had to leave Deuce home alone.  I felt horrible that he was all alone all day and when we would get home he usually had gotten into something so we could tell that he was bored.  We really started discussing getting another dog and we all agreed that summer would be the best time so the kids could help train her and be at home when she was new.  We knew we wanted a girl dog and so the search began.  I would look on petfinder from time and time again and nothing seemed to be right for our family.  On our way home from Sacramento we had a phone call in to meet a puppy in Stockton but that whole situation seemed weird so we decided to stop by all the Petsmarts on the way home since they have shelter dogs on the weekends ready to be adopted.  Well low and behold after 4 other Petsmarts we found our girl at the Merced Petsmart.  Her name at the time was Dolly and she was two years old.  Her story was so sad! Her owners had passed her around and took her back and forth to the shelter until the shelter had enough and just kept her.  She was very calm at the store.  All her shots and neutering was done.  We had Deuce with us so they did a meet and greet and seemed to get along.  We originally wanted a puppy but finding out that she was potty and leashed trained and not as wild as a puppy we were sold.  Her cute little face got us at first sight.  Once we filled out the paper work she was ours and we were all happy.  Well us humans! Not sure how Deuce felt about the new situation....
Taking Millie home....



 Millie just made herself right at home.  She is snuggler and loves to be with people.  
 Going on walks with two dogs has been lots of fun!
 Deuce is warming up to Millie they like to take naps together and play a little.  


 I'm shocked with how calm she is and how she allows the kids to pick her up...



 I like to get some snuggle time in before bed time because she sleeps with Aubrey.  Deuce still sleeps with us which I think is nice for him to have his alone time at night time.
Having two dogs is an adventure.  I feel much better leaving them alone since I know they are together now.  I love that our family was able to adopt another dog that needed love! 

No comments: