Thursday, January 4, 2018

Week before Christmas

Monday December 18th was our last activity day for the year.  We did a Christmas gift exchange, made candy cane ornaments and Sister Tingey taught us how to make reindeer chow.  It was lots of fun and super yummy!




 Tuesday December 19th we woke up to a cold elf.
That day I got to have lunch with my friend Deana and then did some shopping.  
For my friend gifts this year I found these really cute lantern ornaments and I added a little quote to it.  I gave them those and a Christmas treat.
 Wednesday December 20th was the last day of school and it has got to be the most fun day ever! Not only is it a half day but both kids got to have parties and a fun sing a long with the entire school.  What was even better this year is I was being paid to get to run around and hang with my kids.  We had a blast!
Carter got to decorate cookies, eat lots of treats, watch a movie and I got to read a story to the class.

 The penguin art we did the week before came out so cute and I just LOVE Carter's writing!
 Aubrey's class got to do a really fun mug exchange.  I love how happy and thankful everyone was!
 Aubrey's teacher planned the cutest school sing a long! I can't believe they fit all 700 students into the MPR! They had hot chocolate for all the teachers (me included) and we all sang our hearts out! It was so fun.  I went back and forth between Aubrey's group and Carter's group.



 How cute is this little plaque one of Aubrey's friends made for me for my desk for Christmas....
 School got out at 1pm that day, it was so nice!! Then we came home and packed our bags and headed up to the mountains to be with Nana, Papa, Titi and Gaga.  It always feels so good to see them all and to see all the Christmas decorations I grew up with.  Wednesday night we cuddled up and watched Home Alone 2 and enjoyed homemade fudge.
 Thursday December 21st poor Nana woke up with chest pains and a horrible cold so she had to go the doctor.  While she was there Titi, Aubrey and I did a quick trip to Wal-mart and then came home and the kids, papa and I went on a nature hike.  Papa had a great idea to make some deer foot print molds.  It was a lot of fun.  Nana came home and everything was okay she was just told to rest and stay indoors.



 After our nature adventure we packed up for another adventure up to the snow! There had been a little snow dusting about 20 minutes away from my parents house the day before.  It was perfect for snow play! It was just enough to play in and it was so fluffy!  We had lots of snowball fights, made snow angels, went sledding and even made a couple snowmen!









 The little store by the lake had hot chocolate and popcorn for our snack.


 That night we picked up pizza and relaxed by the fire.  It was a great trip!  We had to go home that night because the next day was Spencer's work party.

Friday December 22nd was Spencer's company party.  It was a little different this year.  Instead of doing a party at the office they did it at the bowling alley.  Spencer was in charge and he did a great job! The theme was ugly sweaters.  The kids look anything but ugly!
Me on the other hand reminded me of what I would have worn when I was 9 in the 80's.
Spencer dropped a bomb shell on me and said we were in charge of decorations the morning of the party! Good thing I have a lot of party planning experience and supplies that I was able to pull some stuff together.  Aubrey thought I looked so funny when I was packing the knife for the cake she begged to take a picture.....
 I looked like a crazy house wife!
I actually really loved my outfit and I'm sad that turtlenecks are out of style I was so warm all day! 
Like I said earlier the party was at the bowling alley.  We had a cute party room and they catered a very good lunch/dinner! We had salad, fruit, veggies, spaghetti, meatballs and some really good garlic bread.

 Spencer did a wonderful job.  He is such an amazing manager!

 All the employee's kids....
 The employee's....
 Everyone....
The cake was so cute but I forgot to get a picture.
 Also forgot to take a picture when all the food was out.
 After our meal it was time to bowl!


 We had a great time! Spencer got his highest score over 200 and Aubrey got her lowest score of 6! She was trying to get a low score to win the gift card for the most gutter balls.

 It was a really fun party!
 That night we came home and started wrapping gifts and watching Christmas movies.
Saturday December 23rd we woke and packed the car to go to the Supinger Christmas party in the bay.  Usually The Supinger Christmas is in Manteca since that is a more middle spot but since Christmas Eve was on a Sunday this year we opted to do the party on Saturday and Spencer's sister begged to host the festivities so we all had to drive. Kind of a drag but it was nice to have Christmas Eve night all to ourselves this year.  The kids always love seeing their cousins.
 The white elephant games are the highlight of the day for sure.


 I was pretty proud of our white elephants that we brought.  We did a funny desk calender.
 and framed our family Star Wars picture.  It was really funny!

 We all sang our annual 12 days of Christmas and Carter was so excited to be the partridge in a pear tree.





 That night after the party we went back to Grandma and Grandpa's and stayed the night.
It was fun getting to take them to church the next day on Christmas Eve.

 It always feels so nice to be back at our original ward.  It's so fun to see all the familiar faces and be at a ward that you can really feel the spirit. 
 After church we went back to grandma and grandpas and had lunch and then packed up to go home.  It was so fun refreshing the Santa tracker all day and seeing where he was.
 When we got home we had such a nice peaceful, relaxing Christmas eve afternoon/night.  We baked cookies, finished wrapping, and watched Jingle all the Way.  It felt so nice to just be us.  The kids wanted to go to bed at 6pm but we kept them up until 8 in hopes that they would not wake up at 4am the next day.  We read The Night Before Christmas...

 Hung our stockings 
 wrote letters....


and tried our very best to go to sleep!!!!

No comments: