Tuesday, August 22, 2017

12 Year Wedding Anniversary

It's hard to believe I've been married to my best friend for 12 years now but what is harder to believe is I have known him over 25 years and been together almost 20 years!! That's more than half my life!! I feel so blessed to have this wonderful man as my partner, best friend, hubby and everything.  I love him more than words can describe.  For our anniversary this year he surprised my with tickets to a Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert! I was beyond excited!!! I have never seen them live and have been a fan since I can't remember.  The concert was in San Jose so we decided to make a weekend out of it.  Friday July 29th Spencer got off early and we headed towards San Jose he has been wanting me to try a bbq place in Los Banos for some time so we stopped there for lunch that day.  It was yummy! 

 Then we made it to our hotel which was beautiful! We stayed at the Fairmont in downtown San Jose.  We were treated like royalty with valet parking and then they tried to do a champagne toast with us at check in.
Our room was on the top floor right next to the penthouse suite.  It was beautiful and we had windows all around with a great view of the city.




 That night we went to Santana Row and Valley Fair (My old stopping grounds when I lived in San Jose for school).  The mall has changed so much! Its huge and so crowded! We enjoyed walking around holding hands and enjoying dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.  For dessert we picked up a piece of Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.
Saturday July 29th we woke up and worked out at our amazing hotel gym and then headed up to the roof pool for some swimming and laying out.
We then went and got ready for the day and went to a Brazilian bbq for lunch which was walking distance from our hotel.  We love Tucanos in Utah and have looked for a good place in California for years.  It was a lot of fun and I think Spencer got his far share of meat for a week!

He even tried a chicken heart.
When you want them to come by with meat you have it on the green and then when you are done you put it to red.


After lunch we came home for a nap! It was funny because we actually really napped for like 3 hours! We needed our rest because we were up late that night for the concert.  
It was fun getting all dolled up for our night out.


I love wearing my cowgirl boots and I LOVE Tim McGraw and Faith Hill so to say I was excited for the concert was an understatement.  Spencer bought me this cute hat to always remember the concert.
It was so so so so good!! The best concert I have ever been too! I knew almost all the songs and had a blast holding my mans hand singing my heart out!  They are the cutest couple!! I loved every minute of the concert and I never wanted it to end!

In planning our weekend we found out that our friends Mary and Brian from Merced were also at the concert to celebrate their wedding anniversary too. After the concert we met up and had ice cream sundaes and milkshakes at a diner near the concert.  It was fun seeing them.
We made it to our room and crashed! 
Sunday July 30th we woke up and did our favorite thing in the morning-work out and then came back to our room and got room service for breakfast.  
We then packed up and headed for the Gilroy Outlets.
After some shopping and lunch we started headed home and stooped by a few farmers markets on the way.
We had a nice drive home visiting.  It was so weird getting home and not having the kids or Deuce at home!! We unpacked at a record speed and then watched a movie in bed.  It was a great weekend just the two of us and reminded me why Spencer is my most favorite person in the whole wide world! Love you cutie forever!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

happy anniversary! miss you guys!