Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The rest of January 2017

Well as you can see 2017 started off with a bang, broken wrist and basketball starting up we also had some other fun stuff going on.  
Winter crafts!
Aubrey decided on a Troll birthday party since the movie is coming out on dvd on 2/7 it works to have a stay late/slumber party the weekend after her real day to watch the movie.  I'm letting her plan the whole thing and she picked her guest list which is hard because I hate hurting feelings but I want her to be happy with who she invites.  Since it's going to be a Troll party she had the idea of making cotton candy for treat (like the troll hair! So cute) so we ordered a cotton candy maker and had fun trying it out for FHE.






Carter's class made these cute snowman for their class room door and I love that Ms. Buttrey put her sign I made her on the door.
I was in charge of the globe project again this year.  Doing paper mache with 26 1st graders is a bit of a challenge but we had fun and I was happy we did it inside this time.



Kind of random picture but I was proud of myself for running a whole hour straight! I burned 1000 calories it was pretty cool.
For Christmas my parents gave Spencer some Omaha steaks and side dishes.  He made an amazing dinner! I felt like I was at a fancy restaurant it was so good!
We had a play date with Molly and they helped me make some strawberry jam to give the ladies I visit teach this month.

They also played some Valentines bingo and don't eat Pete.  As you can see this is the day before Aubrey got her cast.
Thursday 1/19 I subbed in Carter's class and we painted our globes that day.

Carter is a Master builder! He did his ship he got for Christmas all by himself.

January 27th was the 100th day of school and I was the coordinator of the lunch time celebration.  I booked this really cool DJ and he was great with all the kids.  They had the best lunch time dance party.
I had the DJ throw out some spirit sleeves to the kids for a fun little challenge.  Each age group only had 3 chances to win the spirit sleeves.  All week Carter would say that he was going to catch them and I had to tell them there was a good chance he would not be able to since there are so many kids well sure enough he proved me wrong and was one of the three to catch it! He was so proud!

I had a blast dancing with all them and I was amazed at how good the DJ was! He was perfect for kids!!  He had a screen up that was like that just dance game but it also had music videos it was too much fun!
After the concert I went and helped out in Carter's class doing a 100 day challenge.
Their hats were too cute! We also had donuts and a sugar wafer cookie for snack that day.
Not sure who the little girl is in this picture but I couldn't get her out of it lol.
We also finished the globes that day! They came out so cute!!
Saturday January 28th Nana, Papa and Titi came down to watch the kids play basketball.  It was so fun having them there to cheer on the kids.  After the games we all went to lunch at Black Bear Diner.

Then we came home to relax and hang out.  Papa playing with Aubrey's photo booth party stuff.
After some rest Nana took Titi, Aubrey, and I to the movies to see Lala Land it was so cute! I loved all the music and the dresses were beautiful.  Aubrey loved it too.  The boys all went to Star Wars and they loved that.  After the movie we came home and played with the hamsters. 
It was a great Saturday!
 January ended with Nana coming down to Merced on Tuesday (1/31) and having a mother daughter date with me.  It was so much fun! We went to Panera for lunch, the mall and went to both craft stores.  Our newest craft we made yesterday is our new gather sign.


No comments: