Monday, January 2, 2017

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was here and we were all so excited! It was a magical wonderful morning. This first picture is out of order but it just really captured the real meaning of the season and I wanted it to be my very first picture for such a special post.  The feeling of giving rather than receiving was very strong this year.  This post is extremely long and there are so many pictures I couldn't just pick a few.  
6am was finally here.  Dad went down first to get the recorder ready to capture all the first sights of what Santa had done for the kids.

 First up the stockings! They were so full Santa had to put them on the ground.  


 After our stockings we went and read the letter from Santa and noticed that the milk was stuck to the table again this year.  He must spill a little when he takes a drink.
 Wow look at the tree!

 Deuce gets very excited on Christmas too.  Santa spoiled him with treats and toys.


 I was excited to get a hand print calendar from Carter this year I treasure the one Aubrey made me.



 Daddy got me some mace for my runs outside.

 Aubrey made us a beautiful tree ornament.

 The kids and I went in together to get Daddy Overdrive.  Spencer really wanted it!! Aubrey and I went shopping and decided that we had to get it for him.  We showed Carter and then wrapped it and hid it in Aubrey's closet.  It was really hard to keep it a secret from daddy but we did and he was very excited! 
 Aubrey has wanted the American girl dog for like a whole year she was very excited to get that from us.

 We were very blessed.  The kids loved everything and we loved everything from the kids.  










I was so excited to get some new running shoes from daddy!

 Santa brought Aubrey a really cool microscope that we have been having so much fun with.
 We hid our last 2 big gifts for the kids in the kitchen that morning.  So when all the gifts were done we told them to go get the scissors to open some of there gifts and they were shocked to find 2 more big boxes hiding.

 After all the opening we went straight to playing.  We also had our traditional Christmas breakfast of cinnamon rolls, eggs and sausage.
 The kids and daddy even had a Nerf fight out front.  It was freezing!
We played lots more then got ready for the Schillerstrom side.  Nana, Papa, Titi, Gaga, Aunt Pat and Aunt Shelly came over for the day and for dinner.  I was pretty excited with how my table turned out for dinner.
Once everyone got here and we put all the presents under the tree it had looked like Santa had come again! 

 I love having my house full of family!
 Spencer was hired as Santa and he passed out all the gifts.  We got spoiled beyond our dreams and we had fun giving all our gifts to our special family.




 My aunt had brought soap on a rope for my dad (inside joke)

 My parents surprised the kids with there very own tablets/Kendall's.  They were so excited!!!!!











 We were all so grateful for such thoughtful special gifts.  After the gifts we had some more appetizers.  Then we played pie face show down which was so fun!




Then everyone just talked, played laughed, and sang with the singing machine while Spencer and I cooked dinner.  Spencer made a prime rib that was to die for! He tried bone in this time and it was really good.

It was then time for our very yummy diner!
 After dinner we played a really fun mitten gift game that my parents bought.  The kid just loved it! After some more hanging out it was time for dessert.  Laura made her special french silk pie and Christmas press cookies....so good!
 We then took some family pictures and then had to say good night.

 It was such a special day.  It feels so wonderful to share such an amazing holiday with the people we love most!! I have said it a million times but I will say it again we feel so blessed.  It was such a wonderful Christmas season and the memories will live on forever.  We ended our night watching Christmas vacation snuggling and with a family sleep over.  Doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: