Monday, October 3, 2016

The Rest of August

August was a month of getting back into the swing of things with school, work and Spencer teaching.  It was nice that none of the extracurricular activities had started yet so we could just enjoy lazy afternoons together.
  I can't get enough of these cuties in all their back to school outfits so there are a lot of random pictures of the 2 of them posing together!

 Saturday 8/20 was our friend Carrie's 7th birthday.  They rented a huge water slide and the kids had a blast!


Daddy and I had fun too!
 Poor Carter had his first sick day from Peterson on Wednesday 8/24.  I loved having him home to snuggle with.
I have been wanting to bring craft night back for some time now and I was very excited to finally do it on Thursday 8/25.  We made a California nail art project. 
 It was a big hit! I had 15 ladies at our house.  It was so much fun to all be creative, visit and enjoy the nice summer evening together.


 I wish I could have gotten a picture with all the ladies but everyone left at different times I did mange to grab this quick shot with a few of the girls.  I love how unique and different each of the projects where.  It was a great night! Some ladies stayed passed 11pm talking it was so fun! I can't wait for our next one.
 I love my late morning runs in the garage on the treadmill.  I park the car out in the drive way, open the garage door, turn on 90210, make a deuce a bed and set out for my 3-4 mile run up hill.  It's great and so relaxing.  This particular Friday morning when I turned around to check on Deuce he had a little friend that found her way into our garage. 
 Friday 8/26 Aubrey and I got to meet up with Titi and Nana for some girl time in Modesto.  We do an annual back to school shopping trip.  Nana always spoils the kids like crazy and buys so many fun new outfits.  Aubrey was also excited to take a trip to build a bear workshop.
 She made an adorable bunny that she named Whiskers.
 We had a very yummy dinner at BJ's that night, I love that place! It was a great night and I always feel so blessed to be able to do these fun girl nights with my favorite girls!
 Saturday was a gym and pool kind of day and Sunday 8/28 we had church.  Aubrey looked so pretty in one of her new dresses from Nana.
 After church that day we ventured down to the creek by our house to do a little fishing.  We didn't catch anything but we had fun trying.  Our neighbors (a couple teenagers) told us they have catched fish there but we are thinking they might have fibbed.




No comments: