Monday, October 31, 2016

Farm to You

Thursday October 6th Aubrey had her first 3rd grade field trip to the Merced fair grounds for a farm to you field trip.  It's a district wide trip and it was fabulous! I was really impressed with how well done it was.  They had different stations through out the whole fair grounds with demonstrations about farms and what they do.  It was really cool and such a neat learning experience. 
Our first station was all about goats.  These young adults taught the kids all about goats and then let them take turns milking a goat.


 We then went to an almond farm where they taught us all about almonds.
 I didn't get pictures of every station.  We learned about pigs, cotton, apples and much more.  At this station Aubrey got to be a helper about talking about what is healthy to eat.





 It was a really neat trip and we all learned a lot.  After we got back we had Splash ball and then I was so stressed because I had a PTC meeting that night and Spencer had a meeting too! I was just going to drag my kids to the meeting which I knew they would be mad about.  My parents ended up calling and saying they would be in town and wanted to take the kids out to dinner! It was an answer to my prayers! The kids had fun while I did what I had to do. At our PTC meeting one of my duties as the VP is to do the refreshments I was really excited for how my Halloween table turned out that evening.

No comments: