Monday, March 7, 2016

Sacramento

When my sister was 8 years old she was diagnosed with Turner Syndrome it's is a chromosomal condition that affects development in females, that's what the computer defines it as.  Basically my sister has always been more petite.  When she was 8 and the same size as my 5 year old brother my mom finally got a diagnoses.  People always would ask if my brother and sister were twins since she was the same size as him for so long but was 3 years older.  Then when she turned 8 the doctors finally gave my mom the answer why and actually started her on growth hormone.  This helped her to grow a little more.  Ever since she was 8 she has belonged to a Turner Syndrome club and has made a lot of life long great friends.  On 2/20 they had their annual Butterfly Walk in Sacramento to help raise money for their organization.  The kids and I got up super early Saturday morning to get to the Capital by 8am.  It was so cold!! We loved being there supporting our Titi!!  Since we had planned to go to this walk we decided to make a fun weekend out of it.  Spencer had lots of work at the office and work at home (our wood floors) so he stayed home and the kids and I went.
 This is our friend Rosemary.  We have actually known her since Laura was 8.  Laura was actually in her wedding as a flower girl many, many years ago.




 Before the walk started they called up all the butterflies.  I think there were lots more there that were too shy to go up.


 The walk was fun.  Very low key.  We walked around the whole capital building and through some gardens.  I didn't really know what to expect I though I would maybe jog some of it but it was more of a walk environment.
 We finished fairly quick and decided to go into the capital and take a tour.  Funny I have lived in California my whole life and I don't think I have ever been in the capital.










 After exploring we went o our car and changed and headed over to Old Sacramento. 


 We meet up with my Aunt Sharon, cousin Cindy and cousin Jane for lunch that day.  It's always fun to see them.

 After lunch we did some more exploring old Sacramento and checking out fun stores.





 Then we went and checked into our hotel. It was in Rosevile and was beautiful! I wish I took some pictures of it! It was really nice.  We had indoor pool so the kids, titi and I took a dip.  


After swimming we got ready for dinner.  We decided on going to Farrell's Ice Creamery.  We had so much fun a few years ago at this place we wanted to go again.  This time since it was still Aubrey's birthday month we told the waitress and they really treated us special.  They did a really special Arel Little Mermaid birthday song.  



 We manged to eat the pig trough again this time as a group.

 That night we rolled into bed with very full tummies!!
Good think they had a gym I was able to work out the next morning.
The kids got to go swimming while I worked out and then we all got ready for our adventure that day....
The Sacramento Zoo with Uncle Kirk, Aunt Diana, Cousin Dorene, Josh and their adorable daughter Harper.  The kids just love her! She loves Aubrey and Carter so much too! It's cute because they are her only cousins and she is the only kid cousin on my side so its really fun seeing them together.  The zoo was so much fun! The weather was perfect and we all had a blast letting the kids guide us through the zoo.  The highlights were seeing them hold hands, following the map to a tie, riding the carousel and feeding the giraffes oh and eating ice cream and soft pretzels.
























 Zoo prizes are always so much fun! Especially when you have a nana, papa and titi that like to spoil you!
 It was such a fun day we missed Spencer, Scott and mmy couisn Chad we will just need to plan another trip soon.
 After we said goodbye to my aunt and uncle we started makeing our ways home but stopped in Elk Grove for dinner at Chevy's.  On Sundays I guess they have a kids buffet.  It was so cool! The kids just loved it.
 And if a buffet with every kids dream, chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, fruit, veggie sticks, chocolate milk and chocolate fountain wasn't enough Ana delivered cotten candy. 

 Yes it was an amazing weekend.  I was so happy to have that time with my family and the kids.  We were happy to get home and see our daddy.  He was super busy at home and got a lot done while we were gone.  Pictures to come on our floors very soon!!  

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Excited to see your floors! The birthday party looked awesome! Miss you guys!