Wednesday, February 3, 2016

January Highlights

It's hard to believe the first month of 2016 is just a memory now.  We had lots of fun things happen. 
The kids both started Upward Basketball for the first time this year.  Aubrey is on the Lady Flash team.  She loves her coaches, Coach Cynthia and Coach Alisha (Mia's mom).  I actually did MOPS with Cynthia back when our girls were 6 months old! It's crazy that they are now on a 2nd grade basketball team together.  It's been a fun reunion hanging out with her again.  There are 8 girls on Aubrey's team.  Kendall and Mia both from school.  There is Jayden and Jordan twins also from MOPS way back when.  Then there is Jaquelin, Cynthia's daughter and 2 other girls I don't know.  Aubrey loves it and we have been told by more then 2 other coaches that she is a natural.  Aubrey's practice is on Monday nights.   


Carter is on the Bears and it's an all boy kindergarten team.  His really good friend Colton is on his team and Colton's dad and a few other firefighter dads coach his team.  I don't know many of the boys on Carer's team by name but I have been getting to know a few of the moms on the sidelines and they are all great families.  Carter also has really taken to basketball.  He is very athletic and picks up sports really fast.  He can run so fast and is very good at defence and going for the ball.  He practices on Tuesdays and we love to watch him run his little heart out.


I'm still loving my Carter class time every Wednesday.  Carter is doing very well with his reading and is sounding out every word.

The friends he has made at school just melt my heart.  He gets along with everyone and at snack time they all fight about who gets to sit by him.  After snack they have outside play time.  Usually the boys always play a sport right now they are all into basketball I over heard the girls say "who should we go cheer for?" Then they all yelled "Carter!" It was very cute.  We sometimes tease him about Maureen being his girlfriend they are so cute when they play together.  
Carter and Ander are the best of Friends.   We are also so grateful for all the rainy days we are having!
Thursday 1/7 Aubrey had an eye appointment.  Looks like her bad eye is improving they are saying it is 20/200 now.  We have to still keep up with the patch and Dr. Weed actually gave us some eye drops that we are suppose to do on the weekends.  It blurs the good eye which makes her use the bad eye more.  It's since it's not the annoying patch but it's hard because first of all the drop is painful so she crys and screams and it makes her eye blurry the whole day.  We decided to not do it on Saturdays since she has games but we do it Sundays.
After her appointment I took her to lunch.  We love our mommy daughter dates.
I'm also loving my Friday mornings in Aubrey's class.  I adore her teacher Mrs. Haar.  She is older then all the other teachers but it's nice to have a teacher that is older and has so many great stories to tell.  She is very kind and smart.  I do the 1 minute fluency reading with each student.  I love it because it gives me a chance to talk to each student and get to know them.  I also grade the spelling tests and organize all the papers from that week to go home for the kids.  I also sometimes get to do a fun craft with the kids.
1/8 was our annual girls night out up to the cabin.  It was a nice treat to get away and have some mommy time.
Saturday morning Amy and I went on a nice snow hike around Twain Heart.
It was beautiful
I was very happy to come home to my cute family.  We went to the arcade that night and out to dinner.  We also went shopping and Aubrey picked out an adorable new doll.  She named her Sally and she is so cute always wanting to match with her.
Sunday before church she even picked out a church outfit.
Fun Costco run after practice.
Kissing my boy as we wait for Aubrey to get out of school in the car.
Anderson play date.
Saturday 1/16 we kind of just took it easy all day but wanted to get out for a little treat.
When we were at ice cream we noticed Art Hop was going on so we went and checked it out.  
The kids loved painting in the park.
I found this picture on my phone later the next day.
Okay this guy needs to be a model!
1/17 Sunday after church Titi came to town to hang out with us for Martin Luther King day.  We made French Macaroons that night to practice for Aubrey's Paris party. 
They came out very cute but very sweet!

Puddle jumping with Titi.
We went to our favorite Pizza place for lunch that day in Atwater and played some games.
Then we did some shopping.  Titi and I always pick out the same clothes to try on, lol.
We went to Petsmart and are trying to talk Titi into getting a kitty.  She feel in love but we couldn't get her that day.
Tuesday 1/19 I had to go into work Aubrey woke up with a bad cold and it was poring rain so I decided to just take her to work with me.  She loved being spoiled with coloring and watching movies all day.  Stan even bought her spaghetti and meatballs for lunch.
The kids being cute and making a spaceship in the living room.
Thursday 1/21 was spa day at MOPS it was treat to get my hair curled that day.
 In the afternoon we worked on Valentine's day crafts
 and I made bows for Aubrey's teammates.  I also made the Olaf costume that day.
Friday 1/22 was the father daughter dance that I already blogged about.
 That night we baby sat the Spain kids.  It was fun having baby Brooklyn over.  Aubrey loved the baby time before she left for the dance.
Carter enjoyed the baby time too.
 But he had the most fun playing with Cooper.  Cooper really looks up to Carter and it is just so fun to watch him acting like a "big brother"
 It's also fun because we give Cooper Carter's old clothes I love seeing our clothes being used again!
This was adorable:
 Carter drew Cooper a Minion and then Cooper colored it.
Saturday 1/23 was game day! The kids were thrilled! Carter's game was first at 10am.  He did great! He ran his little heart out and was always trying to get the ball.
 Daddy giving him advice at half time.
 Aubrey's game was at 11am thank goodness the same place! I don't have as many pictures because Spencer and I got asked to be the score and time keepers.  It was a fun job and we got the best seats in the house.  Aubrey was a star! She is such a good team player.  I love how she was always looking for other girls open to throw too. 

Aubrey also had Dylan's (the boy she sits next to at school)' birthday party at the bowling ally in Atwater.  It was a really fun party and a great opportunity for me to meet some new moms.





 Aubrey, Lilly, and Alexis

 We are just smitten over the chocolate chip cookies at Jantz!
 Monday 1/25 I had an interesting day at the office.  About 25 FBI agent came running in with a warrant to go through Sierra Flight School books.  They have always been a very shaddy business this time they got caught.
 Wednesday I took all the kindergarten kids pictures to make old in celebration for the 100th day of school on 2/1.  Carter is such a cute old man!
 Thursday 1/28 Carter had a play date at Alex's house so Aubrey and I got some fun ice cream, shopping time.
 They had a fun selfie booth at the mall.

Saturday 1/31 we had games again.  We are a little worried our Saturdays will now be filled with sport events.  We need to find a happy medium to do all the things we love to do in 1 day. 
 We did find time that afternoon to go to Costco and sing karaoke.
 We also decided on new flooring, finally!!
We are so excited to start working on that! February is a busy month with Aubrey's birthday and a few trips we have planned so we are hopping to be able to fit this home improvement project in.  I have only wanted wood floors for 7 years! 

January was a fun month.  We had lots of colds which was a bummer but we also had lots of fun learning a new sport and spending lots of family time together.


No comments: