Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Thanksgiving started with our annual tradition of watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and enjoying nice warm cinnamon rolls.
 I was so excited for it be my sides year this year to celebrate on the real day.  We packed the car up and headed to Sonora.  Nana had lots of fun Thanksgiving day activities for the kids.  This holiday is special for our family since Nana has done our genealogy and traced our line back to the Mayflower.  It's pretty amazing to be a decedent of the Mayflower.  The kids loved sharing that information with both of their classes this year.  Actually our great great.....grandpa fell off the Mayflower but was saved.  Good thing or we all wouldn't be here!
It was special to have Great Grandpa with us this year.
 We all coordinated our outfits to take some family pictures.  I really need photo shop so I can cut out our little photo bomber (Deuce's butt!) lol!!


 I love this family so much! I feel blessed to be part of it.






Sibling pictures:
Now Deuce you can get in the pictures!


After the photo shot it was back to games, cooking, visiting and lots of eating.


 Dinner was amazing! I love Thanksgiving food!! I really like my mom and dads cooking it was amazing and we all ate way too much!!
 Pies by Laura are also a major delight!
 Usually that night we go out in the middle of the night for some shopping but we decided to all stay in and enjoy a Christmas movie.  In the middle of the night poor Aubrey woke up sick.  I felt so bad for her but at least it was after the holiday.  For Friday we had planned to all go to the Sonora Christmas Fair but since Aubrey was sick daddy offered to stay home with Aubrey while we went.  Since the group was still getting ready Spencer and I slipped out for a little shopping.  One fun find was a $3 selfie stick.

After coming back and dropping Spencer off with Aubrey the rest of us got ready for the Fair.  We were sad not to have Spencer and Aubrey but was special to have some time with just Carter.  He loved it!
The magic couple was back this year.  Last year I was asked up on stage this year Carter got picked.  We always get picked for these fun things.  Carter was a luttle nerveous but then started to really enjoy it and loved that he got a balloon animal out of it in the end.



 The show was so funny.
 Then we got to see Santa.  Again so sad not to have Aubrey with us but as you will see in future post we made up for not seeing Santa by seeing a bunch more :)
 Carter got a wrist band to play on all the jumpers he was in heaven.  We were all freezing watching him.  
 He also got to go a train ride with Papa.  They really know how to spoil this little guy.
We all had a blast and it was a perfect segway into the holiday season.  When we got back Aubrey was feeling better which made me so happy.  We packed up and went back home to get ready for our next Thanksgiving celebration on Saturday in Stockton for the Supinger side.
Spencer's brother was hosting and since our nephew just turned 8 they combined the baptism and Thanksgiving parties together.  It was a fun, busy, crazy day.  I always feel bad that I don't get more pictures with his daddy's side of the family.  I always feel kind of weird taking pictures since I'm the only one doing it and there are so many kids running around I forget to stop and capture the moment.  I did get a few though.
Aubrey and Daphne are 9 months a part and are best friends at family get togethers.

 We celebrated the November birthdays.  It's crazy how old our neohew and nieces are getting.
 Carter demanded the biggest most frosting poece of cake.  I wonder were he gets his sweet tooth!

 The rest of our weekend was Christmas decorating and spending teh time being the 4 of us.  It was such a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We are so Tahnkful for all our blessings.

No comments: