Thursday, December 10, 2015

November 2015


I love the month of November! Could it be because it's my birthday month? Or maybe all the pretty colors? Or is it Thanksgiving and the start of the holiday season??  I guess it's because of all those reasons wrapped into one.  I just love it! 
I really love rainy days and it was nice to get a few of those this month.
Like I said in my last post that my sister came to Merced on 11/7 for the weekend to celebrate my birthday and also for a baking job.  Carter's teachers little girl was turning 1 and had hired Laura to make her cake and cupcakes for her Winnie the Pooh themed party.  Laura did and amazing job!!
Also that weekend was Carter's best Friend Anderson's party.  It was so adorable it was a Mindcraft party and his moms attention to detail was amazing.  It was a very cool party.  I was made that I went home with only one picture and it wasn't even that great.  Carter loved making a sword.
We had more rain that week which meant puddle jumping.
That week the kids had Wednesday off for veteran's day (11/11) I printed out lots of fun fall/Thanksgiving Day games and coloring pages.
We also did a craft.
and a nature fall scavenger hunt.  Aubrey found something poky.
We meet dad for lunch that day and then he surprised us with an afternoon off so we went to the new Snoopy movie.  As we were pulling into lunch that is when Carter started to complaining about not feeling well.  By the time the movie was over he was really sick.
Poor guy missed school the rest of the week and was diagnosed with strep throat.  It was a rough end of the week.
We went for a second opinion on Aubrey's eye and this new doctor recommend that we do patch time for 4 hours a day!! It is awful.  You wouldn't think that by the way she is smiling in the picture but it really is hard. 
 I feel so bad for her she can barley see!!  It sucks that she is at school and then comes home and has to wear it when all she wants to do is play and do art and it makes it hard to do when you can't see that well.  I have begged her to try wearing her patch at school but she refuses.  I hate seeing her upset and frustrated but in order to make that eye stronger this is what we have to do.  We miss a lot of days and I usually cave into her begs to only do it for around 2 hours every other day.  It's progress but I hope we can better about doing it.  She finally got her braces off and now we have this to deal with!
She is just so dang cute though so it's all worth it!
Saturday 11/14 I took the kids to a fun kid program at the Multi Cultural center.  It was a science cooking class for kids.
The kids both loved it and actually were both picked to be volunteers.
After the show we made bread dough to bring home and bake.

We ran into Kendall and some other Peterson friends.

Then we walked around the art museum.
Back at home we baked our bread and watched Star Wars in the afternoon.
We also worked on a turkey craft.


That night Spencer and I were invited to my new friend Mary's (Anderson's mom) 30th birthday party.  It was an 80's vs. 90's adult only party.  We got Victoria to baby sit the kids and got all dressed up for a fun night out.
She decorated the house so cute.  The food was really fun and the pong game was a super cool activity.  They also had dancing and fir pit.  We had a lot of fun meeting some new people and getting to know some other friends.  It was a really fun night out with my hubby!!
Later that week we had Alex over for a play date and he stayed for dinner this was the first time for Carter to have a friend over for dinner.
Carter was excited to start Christmas crafts.
11/20 was the last day of school before Thanksgiving break.  I worked in Aubrey's class that morning.  I was sad that he classes wasn't doing a Thanksgiving party this year.  I was actually going to take her out to take to Carter's but found out while I was there that they were going to have an afternoon movie day and watch Pocahontas. 
Carter's class had an adorable fest and party.  He looked so cute in his hat!
That night was Girl Scout Skate night.  I'm so excited that Wendy and Carrie joined Girl Scouts this year.  This was our first experience to roller skating rink.  It's pretty out dated and gross.  I felt like I had to do a major disinfected bath after but it was still fun being with friends laughing.  We all went to pizza after.

Carter was a pro on those skates!  He has no fear for sure!
Saturday we relaxed, cleaned, worked out and just had a much needed Saturday off. We did get dressed and attempted some family pictures and this was the best one lol!
Thanksgiving break was a blast! The week is always so much fun! Monday I had to work so my mom came down to be with the kids.  She spoiled them rotten with McDonald's happy meals and a day at the arcade.  Tuesday we had lunch with dad and then a double play date with Colton and Kendall.
We played bingo and did some crafts.
They all wanted to stay for dinner so we got use out of all 6 of our chairs.  It was fun talking and joking all together.
Tuesday night after the friends left we put up our Christmas tree (future post)
Wednesday we had a rainy day so we jumped in puddles and ecorated the house for Christmas.
We then got to meet up with daddy at the movie theater to see the Good Dinosaur, so cute! (sad I didn't get a picture!) Then Thursday was Thanksgiving (next post).  What a great month we had!

No comments: