Monday, October 6, 2014

The last part of September.....

Well I guess it's official that we are back in the swing of the busy school life!!  I can't believe I only did 3 posts in September!  We are on a pretty good schedule now.  I work at the preschool Monday, at the airport Tuesday and Aubrey's class Wednesday.  I'm very excited to have a set schedule at Peterson this year!!! Thursday and Friday our are free days and are usually spent playing, long walks and sometimes MOPS.  It seems to be working out.  On top of that we still have girl scouts and dance.  I'm in the process of figuring out something extra for Carter.  He loves baseball and missed the cut off age for t-ball this year but will for sure being doing that in 2015.  As for now him and I are really enjoying our afternoons playing ninja turtles and working on art projects.  The other day we went to Hobby Lobby and he got a craft set and I got supplies for a couple Halloween crafts and we both worked on the table together for hours talking it was wonderful!
Monday September 22nd was my planning day at preschool.  It was animal week and I went with a safari/jungle theme.  It was a great day!!! Carter was also super kid! 
 The book was Rumble in the Jungle.  Discovery was a fun animal game that I found.  They rolled an animal dice that I made and then stamped when they got a particular animal.  At the end they had to count which animal they rolled the most and least.  They also had a few math problems that went along with it.  For snack we made these adorable elephants.
 We used 2 biscuits, cinnamon sugar and raisins.  
For the art room the kids made these lions manes.  It was a really fun day to plan and reminded me why I love this school so much. 
 September 23rd and and 29th was Papa and Nana's birthdays which you will see how celebrated in the next post. 
 On Monday the 29th it was pink day at preschool.
Carter was very adamant about wearing pink.  Before I went to Aubrey's closet I remembered the shirt I made him for Aubrey's 4th Pinkalicious birthday party.  He was not even 2 yet but I thought what the heck give it a try and it still fit him! It was a little small but hay it worked and he was proud of it! 
Pink day got Aubrey excited too! 



September 30th Aubrey came home from school with a very wiggly front tooth. It probably would have been able to pop out that night but she babied it in hopes that it would fall out the next day at school.  When you loose a tooth at school you get a treasure box and a special sticker.  It just so happened that the next day October 1st was a Wednesday and I was in the class room and look what happened..... 
 Yep she lost her front tooth! 
And one minute later another little girl in her class lost her tooth too!
The night before she had told me about this other little girl in her class and that she had a loose tooth too.  Aubrey was very concerned because this girl had all silver teeth.  She asked me why she had silver teeth and I told her they were most likely cavities.  Aubrey was very worried that the tooth fairy would not come for this other little girls tooth because it was "dirty."  Well after they lost there tooth's I took them both to the office to get treasure boxes and then Aubrey told her that she needed to brush her tooth before she put it under her pillow.  It was pretty cute.  

On Friday October 3rd Aubrey got an award for completing her 1st grade addition sheet in 7 minutes.  We are so proud of her.  Carter and I went to the assembly.  I was to busy video taping I didn't get any still picture :(  Aubrey has been tested in both math and reading and both are above 1st grade level! Way to go Aubrey! I took her and Carter out to lunch on Friday to celebrate. 
Here is jsut a silly picture of my little man....
Friday night when Spencer got off we headed up to the mountains to be with our family and celebrate a couple special birthday!

No comments: