Wednesday, October 22, 2014

1st Grade Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

1st grade is just the BEST! We are all having such great time being so involved.  First grade just feels so right! Kindergarten was really hard and I always felt like she was just to young to be at school but not 1st grade.  She is learning so much and loves to go to school and we are all loving her teacher, Ms. Buttrey.  I think it has really helped that I have a set schedule this year in her class room so I feel like a belong there more.  We just had our parent teacher conference and we could not have gotten a better report.  Aubrey is doing wonderfully.  She is reading 2nd grade level and is on the 3rd panther math (most of the students just passed the first one).  Aubrey is very helpful and kind to her friends and is a wonderful teacher to Carter.  

Now onto her awesome field trip:  
Aubrey requested that daddy go with her on her first field trip this year.  I love that he can work it out to take a day off to be with her.  Some of my most favorite memories of growing up are the ones when my dad came on field trips with me.  
The trip was last Friday 10/17   
 This was a walking field trip to the pumpkin patch at Merced College.
 Daddy said most of the kids complained about walking but not Aubrey.  She did tell me her legs hurt at the end but that she didn't say anything because she just knew she had to walk.
 Here is her class:

 This was a really fun trip for them and a neat pumpkin patch because they got to go out to the patch and actually pick their pumpkins.  It's crazy that we have never gone there before since it's less than a mile from our house.


 I LOVE this picture.....
 Kendall and Aubrey
 They had a few different stations.  They decorated a bag to carry their pumpkins in. 
 Then a face painting station.  Daddy did this work of art for Aubrey:
 Then they had a witch read a story to them
 while they enjoyed a piece of pumpkin pie and juice box.
Then they walked back to school.  It was a great trip and loads of fun for them.    
Carter and I went to the library for story time that day and then got to meet up for a lunch date with Aubrey and daddy.  That's been another reason I think I like first grade we have been signing Aubrey out for lunch every now and again and it's a nice treat to still enjoy that time even though she is in school.  

No comments: