Sunday, July 13, 2014

4th of July 2014

Our holiday to host for the Supinger side was 4th of July this year.  The kids and I had a great time getting the house ready and decorating for the party.  We made a star garland, a few perler fuse bead crafts, and this adorable lantern idea I found on pinterest.
 They came out cute and were a big hit at the party.
 The one thing I was most worried about having a summer party with 25+ people here was the weather.  We decided not to put our pool up this year because number 1 I'm way too worried about the kids being outside on their own, 2 we joined the gym and 3 the drought.  Of course the weekend before the 4th was in the high 80's and the weekend after was low 90's but the 4th was 104!!! Well since that has happened in the past I tried to plan accordingly so our party started at 5pm and our back yard was quite pleasant after the sun went in front of the house.  The party lasted until 11:45pm so I think starting at 5 was just fine lol! It was great to see everyone and enjoy celebrating our nations birthday.

 The kids all loved playing games and watching movies in the movie room.
 For dinner we had a huge potluck/BBQ with everything you can imagine and yummy dessert!!

It was a full house but it worked out great and we all had fun.


 We celebrated Jacob, Ben and Charlotte's birthday.
 The fireworks were the best part! 
All the families brought a ton and the guys put on a great show.









 I even took the kids on a short walk up the block to see the huge firework show they were putting on at the airport.
 After almost everyone left we continued the party with 3 of the cousins, Grandma and Grandpa they all stayed the night.
 Saturday we went swimming with everyone in the morning and then rested! It was an eventful couple days.  After church on Sunday we got to see Shellece, Gerritt and kids one last time before the headed back to Mountain View and then we had my family over for a BBQ.
Even though it was still a little light out we did some more fireworks.



It was great that we got to celebrate with all our families over the long weekend.  
The kids went home with the Nana and Papa that night to start off Camp Phoenix Lake.  They had 2 nights up there and then I joined them on Tuesday for 3 more nights.  It was nice but very strange having such a quiet house for 2 nights.  I got to go to work free of kids Monday, have a much needed date night with my hubby and reached my goal of 35 minutes running.  According to the app on my phone I'm officially a 5K runner.  Now I'm working on my time and trying to do a 5K under 30 minutes.  

No comments: