Monday, May 11, 2020

Spencer's 40!!!!

March 3rd dad turned the big 40!! 
The year 2020 is pretty big for our family.  We all have huge mile stones coming up.  We are both turning 40, Carter is turning 10, Aubrey is graduating Elementary school and it's our 15 year wedding anniversary all in 1 year.  We want to plan a big trip to celebrate all these big stepping stones of our life so stay tuned for that.  Life is a little on hold right now as I will explain in the next post.  But this post is all about Spencer and his big birthday.  I was going to surprise him with a trip away on his real day but as soon as I was going to book he told me don't plan anything on my birthday because I have a few really big meetings that day that he could not miss.  I was pretty bummed but thought it might be fun to plan something together.  March 3rd this year was on a Tuesday so the poor birthday boy had to work and the kids had school.  We tried to still make his day special.  We spoiled him with all his favorites like work out clothes and Magic Cards.


 Aubrey really wanted to give him these cool trendy jeans.  

 After morning gifts we all went our different ways for school and work.  We then had a window of about 2 hours that Spencer was home to do more gifts.




 and I made him his favorite dinner, meat loaf.....
 and his favorite cake, carrot cake.....

Then he was off to his last meeting of the evening.  It was a busy day for sure.  I think he felt special and loved.
I planned a whole day of surprises for his birthday on Saturday March 7th.  He had no idea where we were going I just told him to drive us towards Fresno.....
First stop virtual reality....

We all got to play and it was so much fun! We loved the family farm game that we played together.  It was a really neat experience.
 Then we drove to his next surprise, Brazilian BBQ for dinner. 
 It was so yummy and a lot fun to try lots of different meats. 



After dinner we had a nice drive home.  It was a really fun day and I was happy that we surprised the birthday boy!!

No comments: